CurlTalk

Foam colour

curlyjocelyncurlyjocelyn Posts: 40Registered Users
hi there,

Is there anyone who has experience with John Frieda precision foam colour. I would like to dye my hair, and I'm looking for a product that isn't drying for my hair and CG-friendly as possible with no cones:laughing6: Anyone tried this hairdye? Was it drying? My curltype is 2B, needs protein. My color is dark-brown and I would like to dye it in a warmer color (red tint). Thanks !
hairtype 2b/C
High density , low porosity, my hair absolutely hates some protein but once a 3 month a gelatine treatment
Leave-in: Giovanni direct leave-in, Inecto coconut conditioner
styling products: Gelebration spray, Etos styling gel strong, BHRG is my HG for hold and clumps :)
method: Scrunch'n'pump, SOTC

Comments

• chococatchococat Posts: 51Registered Users
    I only tried it once or twice, and it seemed somewhat drying, but no worse than henna or any shampoo. My hair is super-dry to begin with, though.
    3b
    Texture: coarse + some medium
  • diasporadiaspora Posts: 596Registered Users
    Be careful with the John Frieda foam! The color comes out waaay darker than it appears on the box. I read a bunch of reviews that said to choose 1-2 shades lighter than you actually want. I did this, yet still ended up with darker hair than I started with (I was trying to go a shade lighter). This also did not cover my grays.
    Formerly Urbancurl.
    Medium-high density, fine-medium, low-normal porosity, 3b/c, permanent color.
    CG, no heat, combs, brushes, parabens.
    Fall/Winter HG=Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream.
    Spring/Summer HG=MGA Sculpting Gel
    Current fave LI=Madre Labs Made by Nature for Baby Conditioner.
    Limit oils, butters, glycerin.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks Diaspora! Always very important to have this kind of information.

I'm going to stick with what I use now and I really appreciate that you warned us.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower: