Marie dean/product question

Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Registered Users Posts: 476 Curl Neophyte
I've used the curly cream and like it a lot so I've been looking to buy other MD products but am so confused -- puddings, souffle, yoghurt smoothies, butters etc... They all seem pretty similar with slight variations in ingredients. Descriptions almost the same!

Can anyone explain the difference? Do these products do different things? This is in general too. Other lines have puddings and butters etc. and I'm not sure what the difference is and what specifically they are used for.

Thanks in advance!
3a/b, fine texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, mod-CG 7/11/11

Poo: KC Come Clean, SM Moisture Retention
CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
Style: AIF, HESMU, Biolage gelee, KCCC
LOOB for second day hair

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.

Comments

• Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Registered Users Posts: 1,578 Curl Neophyte
    Why not read what the product claims to do and look at the ingredients? A 'souffle' from one brand might not be intended for use the same way as a souffle for another brand.
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Registered Users Posts: 476 Curl Neophyte
    Why not read what the product claims to do and look at the ingredients? A 'souffle' from one brand might not be intended for use the same way as a souffle for another brand.

If you visit the Marie dean website, the products all claim to do basically the same things -- add shine, moisture, smooth frizz, etc. The ingredients also similar +/- protein, +/- oils and so forth.

That's why I posted the question so others with experience can help. Perhaps my question should be which Marie dean products do you really like and why?

CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
    LOOB for second day hair

• Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Registered Users Posts: 1,578 Curl Neophyte

If you visit the Marie dean website, the products all claim to do basically the same things -- add shine, moisture, smooth frizz, etc. The ingredients also similar +/- protein, +/- oils and so forth.

That's why I posted the question so others with experience can help. Perhaps my question should be which Marie dean products do you really like and why?

Ohhhh! Sorry! I thought you meant what do 'puddings' from all brands do? What do 'souffles' do? etc. I haven't used any of the Marie Dean products so I'll leave someone else to answer. At least I bumped ya! Lol! :glasses11:
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • curlyhersheygirlcurlyhersheygirl Registered Users Posts: 475
    These are what I have and how I use them.

Argan oil hair cream: It's a dense cream ( similar to QB's AOHC in consistency) that I use primarily as a moisturizer.

Yogurt smoothie cream: It's the consistency of a whipped butter with medium density that I use for styling ( twists, braids etc)

Mango cupuacu hair butter: This is more of a pomade than a butter so I use it for sealing and on occasion styling.
    HTH

event.png
  • Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Registered Users Posts: 476 Curl Neophyte
    @JoSomebody, no worries. My question wasn't clear but I appreciate the bump!

@curlyhersheygirl, thanks for the breakdown. That's very helpful. As a matter of fact, I was looking at the yoghurt smoothie and the argan cream! Any thoughts on the scents?

LOOB for second day hair

• curlyhersheygirlcurlyhersheygirl Registered Users Posts: 475
    @JoSomebody, no worries. My question wasn't clear but I appreciate the bump!

@curlyhersheygirl, thanks for the breakdown. That's very helpful. As a matter of fact, I was looking at the yoghurt smoothie and the argan cream! Any thoughts on the scents?

NP glad I was able to help.

In regards to scent everything I've ever ordered was either unscented or Vanilla so I'm not much help there.

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file