hair oil

JayenneJayenne Posts: 7Registered Users
Heyy is it okay to put normal olive oil like the one used for cooking in your hair after shampooing/conditioning??

Comments

• SimplySophiaSimplySophia Posts: 54Registered Users
    I believe that most people use an organic olive oil but I'm pretty sure it's the one that you cook with with. If you're putting it on after conditioning your hair just be wary of putting on to much which could weigh curls down or make them look greasy.

Good Luck(:
    Type -3a/3b
    Cleanser-KCCC
    Condtioner-KCKT
    Products- Herbal Essences TT Mousse
  • JayenneJayenne Posts: 7Registered Users
    Oh thank you for the advice :D Would it be okay to put the oil on your scalp as well??
  • curlislandcurlisland Posts: 85Registered Users
    Extra virgin olive oil is the way to go but be careful not to use too much or your hair will be too weighed down and have a gunky/greasy look and feel to it. To me it seems a bit heavy to use on the scalp so I never tried it.

You could experiment with coconut, castor or jojoba oil as well if the EVO doesn't work out for you. Hope I helped somewhat.
    [PHP][/PHP]High porosity. 3C.
    Poos: NG Hemp Shampoo.
    Condish: Alba Botanica Gardenia Hydrating Condish. Mill Creek Keratin. Aussie Moist.
    Leave in: Alba Botanica Leave In. Tresemme Naturals. Cantu.
    Seal: Whipped Shea Butter Mix.
    Styling: GF Pure Clean. EcoStyler Protein.
    Hair loves: Finger combing. Protein.
    Hair hates: Plopping.
  • SimplySophiaSimplySophia Posts: 54Registered Users
    I think it could be okay to put on the scalp as a treatment if you planned on rinsing it out. Some other oils might be better to experiment with. Good luck(:
    Type -3a/3b
    Cleanser-KCCC
    Condtioner-KCKT
    Products- Herbal Essences TT Mousse
    Thank you XD I'll try it out :)
  • SydkneeeSydkneee Posts: 25Registered Users
    Yes, I use it everyday in my hair and my mom uses the same oil to cook.
    I'm not picky about which Olive Oil I use... usually just whatever is cheapest at the grocery store.
    If your hair is really porous (like mine) then you might be able to do what I do.
    When I get out of the shower I just slap some Olive Oil in my hair, along with some regular conditioner that I use as leave-in and some mousse.
    My hair doesn't look greasy.
    Sydkneee wrote: »
    I'm not picky about which Olive Oil I use... usually just whatever is cheapest at the grocery store.
    If your hair is really porous (like mine) then you might be able to do what I do.
    When I get out of the shower I just slap some Olive Oil in my hair, along with some regular conditioner that I use as leave-in and some mousse.

Does it also help define curls?? xD
  • SydkneeeSydkneee Posts: 25Registered Users
    Jayenne wrote: »
    Sydkneee wrote: »

Does it also help define curls?? xD

yes, I have a lot less frizz when I use it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file