protein,oil and silicone free gel needed!

IAgalIAgal Registered Users Posts: 139
I finally found a light condish to use as my co-wash
and then a nice conditioner for my RO though i don't need to use it every time....but i am thinking i really
need to use a gel to help define my curls...though with cg
i have a lot less frizz :)

as i said,i'd like the gel to be protein free,oil free and
silicone free...PLUS needs to free of things that could break me out. All the HE gels would be cheap and great but they have that danged laureth 23 at the beginning of the list and its rated really high for causing breakouts so i won't touch it with a ten foot pole!

i'd really like something i can get at sallys,walmart,target,walgreens....

TIA!

Comments

• marieantoinettemarieantoinette Registered Users Posts: 131
    LA Looks Sports Gel is a good go-to because it's very cheap, however, many people find it drying. Aussie makes two gels that are silicone-free. One is more of a mousse, Instant Freeze, and the other, I forget what it's called, but it's like an anti-frizz gel.
    L'Oreal EverCreme is a good line of products with no sulfates or silicones but it's a bit more expensive.
    Hair type 2A, fine texture but very very dense (TONS of hair)!
    Products: Suave Naturals coconut co-wash, L'Oreal EverCreme Moisturizing rinse-out
    LA Looks Sports Gel (on the hunt for a better gel!)
  • craving_curlscraving_curls Registered Users Posts: 44
    I use KCCC. it's pretty expensive ($13 for a small-looking jar at Whole Foods and target online has it for $16, not sure about instore), however you can mix it with water or your LI so a little goes a long way. The first day I used a ton and had a gel cast that would NOT go away. Even though it's expensive, it lasts forever.

I did check the ingredient list - it does have Aloe in it, so I'm not sure if that's an issue with the protein.
    CG since 3/2012, Medium Density, Low Elasticity, Porosity (?)
    3a/m/ii

Products loving my hair:
    Co-Wash/LI/RO: DC One Condition
    Gel: KCCC, BC Curl Enhancing Cream, DC AnGel

Moisture loving, oil and protein hating (though it tolerates some in products).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file