CurlTalk

Wish their was a thread about cutting your hair...

Hi! I'm thinking about cutting my hair shorter and was thinking why isn't their a thread about cutting hair? Their is one about growing hair so why not one about cutting hair? It would make it much easier to find posts about cutting hair rather than searching through all the threads to find posts. Just suggesting.:happy10:
2b/2c/3a hair, low porosity,high density, medium width, long . Co- washing since 26/3/12:happy10:'The Sooner You Accept Yourself The Happier You Will Be':happy2:UK Wurly:wave:

Comments

• beeduhbeeduh Posts: 684Registered Users
    I've come across several threads about people who cut heir own hair. Look at the curly bobs unite thread, toward the end. I think that's the right place, but someone posted they have themself a bob cut and it was super simple and easy. there's a bunch of YouTube videos about it too.
    CG as of Feb. 2012
    combination hair.
    2c on top - low elasticity
    3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
    fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
    porosity: normal to high.
    loves protein and moisture.
    BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
    loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
  • Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    I, too would like a hair cutting area! There are several "cut your own" or "trim your own" threads floating around. I'd love to have an area to keep them all together!
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users
    FWIW, there's a good section on cutting your own hair in the new edition of Curly Girl: The Handbook, both in the book and on the accompanying DVD.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • CurlyQueen88CurlyQueen88 Posts: 88Registered Users
    Hi WildWaves54,

One of the reasons I have come on here is for advice on chopping.... Also hoping I can pick up a few tips and try things I hadn't thought of/heard of before.

I want to cut my hair short too (bob ish length, shorter at back, pretty waves at front) Thing is it's not as simple cutting curly hair short! I actually straighten mine every few days and then let it go into waves. My concern is that if there's not much weight to my hair, it will go a bit crazy and stick out instead of sitting in a nice bob style. Do I risk it...? What sort of cut are you considering?