What to do about BC?

curlangel0690curlangel0690 Posts: 172Registered Users
So I have a bit of a dilemma. I think I'm ready to BC but just about everyone in my life if begging me not to chop all my hair off. I still have a bit of heat damage in the back of my head but it does curl and blend it's the front that drives me nuts. The first 4-5 in are a 3c but then it abruptly changes to around a 2a the rest of the way down. The other option I'm considering is to shorten the front pieces a little bit, leaving the back a little longer, and cutting shorter layers into my crown area. The question is what are your opinions about this? Should I shorten it a little or go for the full on BC?
"I'm not high maintenance, my hair is."
3c mostly fine, high to normal porosity, medium density, normal elasticity

Co-Wash- VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea, TreSemme Naturals
LowPoo- GTTT
RO- GVP Conditioning Balm
LI- Giovanni Direct Leave In, GVP Conditioning Balm,
Stylers- KMFUM, Eco Styler Krystal, AOMMM, UFDCM,
Oils- Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Coconut
PT- IAGirl's Gelatin PT
DC- AS I Am Hydrating Mask

Comments

• naturalgirl85naturalgirl85 Posts: 53Registered Users
    If your final goal is to have all natural hair. Then your quickest way to achieve that would be to just chop off the ends and keep the first 4-5 inches of hair. If all of that is pretty uniform curl pattern then you can cut to that length and still have hair to work with.

I personally wouldn't soften my hair with anything especially if it was going to be done with chemicals. If you put any chemicals on your roots then it will take you even longer to get to all natural hair. But it is really up to you which will be easier. HTH
  • curlangel0690curlangel0690 Posts: 172Registered Users
    Oh no I meant shorten some of the front pieces. I'm not letting chemicals touch my hair ever again, lol. Part of me is afraid I don't have the right face shape to rock short hair. But then again I've always lived and done what I wanted and not worried about what others would say. I think if it wasn't my mom really pushing for me not to cut it I would in a heartbeat.

LowPoo- GTTT
    PT- IAGirl's Gelatin PT
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Do they say why they are against it? Are they afraid you wont look femine? My opinion is it is your hair and your decision. Honestly some people are afraid to chop but then find they like it better. Less to deal with. I think it can be good for a woman to chop off her hair at least once in her life because too often we let our hair define who we are.
    (goes off singing "i am not my hair" by India Irie. )
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • curlangel0690curlangel0690 Posts: 172Registered Users
    They are mostly against it because they all like my longer hair. My mom also told me she is afraid that I will cut it off and it will turn poofy and I'll hate it. As I'm sitting here writing this I'm laughing at myself because I'm 27 years old and still concerned about what my mom has to say. My DH jokes if I cut too much off he won't be seen in public with me but than laughs and tells me he loves my longer hair but it is my hair and ultimately my decision and he will love me regardless. My hair is a little longer than shoulder length so I'm not sure how much shorter to go. I'm leaning more and more toward BC everyday.

LowPoo- GTTT
    PT- IAGirl's Gelatin PT
  • TheJenParadoxTheJenParadox Posts: 15Registered Users
    @CurlAngel0690

I'm getting a pixie on Friday. I don't have my families support, but I'm doing it regardless because of how much damage I've done to my hair. I haven't dyed my hair in 8 weeks and now I have 1/4 inch of new hair growth that looks beautiful!!!

I say do the BC! The transition will be easier and I'd be your hair buddy!! It'd be nice to have someone going through the same hair journey as me at the same time ;))

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file