Aloe Vera Plant help?

Lo.CurlyLo.Curly Posts: 14Registered Users
Is it possible that an aloe vera plant's whole leave can be used to make a hair gel?
Via crushing it up pretty good. I just don't want to waste the plant I've proud;y grown.

Oils: Coconut, Grapeseed, Corn
Rinse: White Vinegar, Baking Soda
Condition: Aussie Moist
Detangle: Coconut oil, corn oil
LI: My own concoction
DC: Lustrasilk Shea Butter
PT: Aussie Hair Insurance

Comments

• curlsoulcurlsoul Posts: 27Registered Users
    AVG straight from the plant should work just as well as in the bottle as a gel. I used to use it straight from the plant for my sunburns, but not hair yet. I think it works better to cut down the length of a single leaf and scrape out the insides as opposed to crushing the whole leaf to get the most gel and have it be less messy. Make sure your Aloe plant is healthy though before you use the gel. Mine got sick, it didn't get enough sun to thrive and the gel started to smell bad. It might be more cost-effective to buy it by the bottle instead of cutting leaves off the plant, but then again it may work better straight from the source or if you have aloe naturally in your garden.
    curlsoul
    CG as of 19 April 2012

2c/3a botticelli
    Low Porosity, Low Elasticity, Medium Density, Medium Texture

CO-wash: JASON Normalizing Tea Tree Conditioner (Silicone-free edition), Giovanni TTTT
    Scalp Treatment: Alaffia Neem & Shea Scalp Recovery Conditioner, Brown Sugar, Jojoba, and Tea Tree once weekly
    RO: L'Oreal Eversleek Intense Smoothing Conditioner
    Gel: Aloe Vera Gel
    Second day: Lavender mist & Aloe Vera Gel
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    when ever i want the gel from the aloe, i cut the hard green off and just use the gelly, i do it as carefully as i can so that i get as mch out as i can

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file