CurlTalk

NEW Condish by Vive Pro for Curls -- CONE FREE!

Ok, how excited do I sound -- just stopped off at the grocery and found one of the new Vive pro lines -- it's in a light pink bottle:

Vive pro
Nutri gloss conditioner; pearl protein complex
for medium to long hair that's curly/wavy
defines curls with multi-dimensional shine
mirror shine, cashmere touch....

that's what the bottle says. I didn't see it on their website. They have a shampoo (SLS) and a condish (CONE FREE) and a weekly condish (think it had Amodimethicone)....anyway, I'm excited to try it and it's really nice and thick.

Anybody else see this? Try it? Here are the ingredients:
Aqua/Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineenis/Palm Oil, Glycerin, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamin, Parfum/Fragrance, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulos, Simondsia Chinsensis/Jojoba Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenylmethylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Alphaisomethylionone, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin protein, CI 17200/Red 33
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo
Conditioner - One Condition
Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.

Comments

• SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Wow, no cones in a conditioner from Vive. Fan me, I think I'm going to faint.
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I know! I was stunned!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• teela1978teela1978 Posts: 278Registered Users
    Wow, the ingredients sound great too, palm oil glycerin and jojoba oil all in a drugstore condish! I'll have to check out the new vive stuff now :)
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
  • teela1978teela1978 Posts: 278Registered Users
    Wow, the ingredients sound great too, palm oil glycerin and jojoba oil all in a drugstore condish! I'll have to check out the new vive stuff now :)
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    That's hugely different than the original formula of "VIVE Pro Style & Body Infusing Conditioner, for curly/wavy hair that needs control" which was the formula driven toward wavy/curly hair.

Aqua/Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Quaternium - 87, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Polysorbate 20, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax, Methylparaben, C11-15 Pareth 7, C12-16 Pareth 9, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Hexyl Cinnamal, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenylmethylpropional, Linalool, Amylcinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    *banging head against wall* Man, I almost got my PJ under control!
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    SuZen wrote:
    Wow, no cones in a conditioner from Vive. Fan me, I think I'm going to faint.

:lol:
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Posts: 341Registered Users
    I didn't think they'd ever do a cone-free anything! I wonder if anyone here will try it out and let us know how it works.
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • sherry7899sherry7899 Posts: 897Registered Users
    I saw that conditioner at Eckerd a few weeks ago. I actually didn't even bother to pick up the bottle to read the ingredients because I assumed it would be full of cones. Glad to hear I was wrong. It would be great if a ds conditioner worked really well.

Take care,
    Sherry
  • LizaMarzLizaMarz Posts: 193Registered Users
    hmmm I might have to try it! I used a vive shampoo and condish I think that was targeted towards curly hair back in 2002.. but it always made my scalp itchy and scabby.... only brand that ever did that to me in my life. so I have stayed away from VIVE, but this one might be worth trying!
    3A, started CG 9/8/06
    trader joe's nourish spa s&c, giovanni la natural gel
    Anybody try it yet? I'm veeeeerrrrry curious and veeeeeeeeeeerrrrrryyy stuck in my house. :lol:
    OMG, LOOK!!

• BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    sherry7899 wrote:
    I saw that conditioner at Eckerd a few weeks ago. I actually didn't even bother to pick up the bottle to read the ingredients because I assumed it would be full of cones. Glad to hear I was wrong. It would be great if a ds conditioner worked really well.

Take care,
    Sherry

same here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Brio wrote:
    sherry7899 wrote:

Take care,
    Sherry

same here!

Here too! Hopefully it'll have great results.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    I'm interested in this condish also There was one review on
    www.makeupalley.com

It was a so-so review,
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I haven't tried it yet...not sure if I like the smell either.... but it seems like it is pretty "silky" to the touch...
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Oooh, good to know. I'll have to check that conditioner out. Currently I'm using the Vive smooth intense (laurabeth informed me a little while ago how it's been reformulated :( ) It had been a HG for me. Also I've been wanting to pick up some jojoba oil so the fact it's IN that conditioner is great.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • sherry7899sherry7899 Posts: 897Registered Users
    Here is a direct link the review on makeup alley

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=87324/Vive_Pro_Nutri_Gloss_Medium_to_Long_Curly-Wavy/L'Oreal/Conditioner/

Why would they make a conditioner for curly hair that makes your hair dry straighter? Well, maybe it won't do that to everyone. I'll wait until it's on sale to try it.

Sherry
    I also saw in Eckerds today a deep treatment in this line (1 x week for 3-5 minutes). It looked like no cones, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • Leilani42Leilani42 Posts: 200Registered Users
    I had a moment of weakness at the drugstore today, and I purchased this condish and the L'Oreal Studio styler, Tightly Wound Curl Boosting Spray Gel. And my moment of weakness extended to me hopping into the shower as soon as I got home to play with my new goodies.

Gotta say, I really like both products. The condish was thick and creamy, and rather floral scented. Fantastic slip, and my hair felt so silky when I rinsed it out. It actually seemed to make my hair more silky than Elucence. :shock: I sprayed on the Tightly Wound stuff without any of my mainstay, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink], just to see how it would fare on its own. Turns out, it worked pretty well alone! AND it smells lovely. Kinda vanilla-ish, and some lily scent? I can't explain. I used quite a bit... thoroughly covered my hair with the spray, and then scrunched with a microfiber towel. When it was nearly dry, I scrunched in a bit of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] for good measure, and then a bit more of the gel.

I have very springy, voluminous curls. Even the bits of my hair that generally don't curl are nice and curly. And it seems softer and shinier than before, too.

I know you're supposed to only use one new product at a time, to see which one is making the difference, but I couldn't wait. :oops: I'll do more extensive testing later. But for now, my hair smells and looks lovely.

I'd take a picture, but I managed to step on my USB cable when it was plugged in, and I bent it out of shape. So, awesome. But both of these products get a thumbs up from me!

Oh... my hair is 2C/3A, shoulder length.
    2c/3a-M-i
    modified CG since July 2004.
    searching for products that work...
  • lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Leilani42- Is the L'Oreal spray gel that you tried CG?

ETA: How's the hold? If you usually use gel, what gel do you use?

ETAA: Ok just read your sig (duh!) and now I'm back to the original question: How's the hold of the L'Oreal spray gel?
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
    lauraloo - hee hee, yep... I usually use BE. This hold seems to be lighter than that. Definitely less crunch. I've been playing with my hair quite a bit, since it's so nice and soft and curly, and it's definitely getting bigger. But, though it's getting bigger, it still looks nice? It looks intentionally bigger. I'm kinda liking it. Very natural, almost a no-product look.

It looks to be CG, as far as I can tell. Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, PVP, glycerin, phenoxyethanol, polyacrylate-3, peg-4 hydrogenated castor oil, sodium methylparaben, fragrance, aminomethyl propanol, disodium edta, polyethylene glycol, hexyl cinnamal, butylphenyl methypropional, linalool, limonene

I know there's been mention of castor oil and parabens being bad, but I can't remember specifically what was said.

And after hours of playing with my hair, it's still curly and shiny and soft, if a bit poofy. But good poofy. If you know what I mean.
    2c/3a-M-i
    Breathe in...breathe out...Not gonna buy a condish just because somebody tried it with a bunch of other stuff and liked it. No, wait, PJ - I didn't mean for you to covet everything she used! Stop that! AAAAARGH!!!

I'll be interested to know how the condish does when you specifically test its results. That slip sounds great, and hey, even if it doesn't curl up well or something, you know that you got at least one awesome product to get those results. :D
    OMG, LOOK!!

• SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    The castor oil has PEG-4 in front of it, so it should be soluble and not a problem for you.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    Grrrr, Leilani! I saw both of those at Walgreens yesterday and resisited. You know next time I'm there, I'm picking them up. :twisted:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    That L'Oreal Studio Tightly Wound Curl Boosting Spray Gel sounds very, very similar to the discontinued Curl Vive Spray Gel that was quite excellent in heat/humidity.

Curl Vive Spray Gel's ingreds:
    Water, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Polyacrylate-3, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance, Sodium Methylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein.

The only downside I see is the new one has no wheat protein (which is chunky-curl boosting).
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    Just wondering if you can use it as a leave-in condish?
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
    cjc - I'd imagine you can use it as a leave in. It might be a bit thick for some people.

Well, I used both again this morning (I can't sleep on my hair without re-showering. It just doesn't work) and I still really like them both. I used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] underneath the Tightly Wound, and my hair is much less poofy today. But I don't know if I prefer it this way... I liked the volume. Still has great curl formation, and it still smells wonderful. And very little frizz. Even walking around in the very cold Michigan wind didn't mess up my hair! That never happens!

So, basically, I didn't separate them to see what each did alone, because who cares? My hair looks good with both of them. :D I will do a separate run with just the co and my normal routine, to see what happens. But I think I really like it. I'll keep you all posted on any developments or problems I run into.
    2c/3a-M-i
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Oh yay a thick conditioner that I can get local with nothing in it that's bad for my hair yay!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
    Leilani42 wrote:
    I had a moment of weakness at the drugstore today, and I purchased this condish and the L'Oreal Studio styler, Tightly Wound Curl Boosting Spray Gel. And my moment of weakness extended to me hopping into the shower as soon as I got home to play with my new goodies.

Gotta say, I really like both products.

:twisted: more stuff to buy! more stuff to buy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

• embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    You enablers :twisted:
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist