CurlTalk

Sponge holder

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
Is this an odd sponge holder? I hate the one I have in my kitchen. And this caught my eye but not sure if I am just crazy.

4a680d30-f0a3-8ee9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    It's not odd, it's just giving the sponge a hug and a place to drip dry. :lol:

I like my suction cup holder because it's one less thing on my already crowded counter top.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I like it. I have one similar.
    Now I'm looking at sponge holders on Etsy....

il_570xN.323745270.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I was pretty much unaware that the concept of a sponge holder existed, but now I'm pretty sure I NEED one!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I have one of those trays that attach to the false drawer in front of the sink, so the sponges are out of site. I prefer not to leave them out on the counter -- I don't have a lot of counter space, so I try not to leave things out.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    I had no idea there where sponge holders! That is a very cute one.

This thread reminds me of the butter dish thing-a-ma-jig thread.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i use scrubbie-sponges and have a glass with a cow on it that i stuff the scrubbie in when not in use.

i collect cows - there are LOTS of them in my kitchen!

:oops:
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    spring1onu wrote: »
    Now I'm looking at sponge holders on Etsy....

il_570xN.323745270.jpg

Totally adorable. I need one if they have one in light blue. Off to look!

ETA: I forgot that I do have one sponge holder - it's one of those vintage wide-mouthed-frog ones. It was my grandma's. :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    SuZenGuide wrote: »
    I have one of those trays that attach to the false drawer in front of the sink, so the sponges are out of site. I prefer not to leave them out on the counter -- I don't have a lot of counter space, so I try not to leave things out.

You learn something new everyday----I never knew what those false drawer trays were for. I didn't even know it existed till my niece was playing around with stuff she could reach.

But now I want a sponge (or SOS pad) holder like the OP showed. Following y'all to Etsy I guess....
    PartyHair wrote: »

ETA: I forgot that I do have one sponge holder - it's one of those vintage wide-mouthed-frog ones. It was my grandma's. :)

I really, really hope it doesn't look like this one because I'd be terrified to do dishes. (I started to type laundry instead of dishes, WTH? So glad I caught that.)

il_570xN.236629287.jpg

If anyone wants this attractive little wonky eyed thing he's on Etsy for $15.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Ha, no (thank the Lord). But it is pretty ugly - big ol' mouth hanging open and you cram the sponge in there. :lol: My husband HATES it!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have a sponge holder. Its called the back of my sink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Thanks all. I am off to order. Now I need to figure out which color.

And I had no idea that you could find so many sponge holder vessels online either!!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    cow_sponge_holder.jpg

For Rou.
    Central Massachusetts

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Looks like your cow is levitating over the sink, xcptnl!
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    iroc wrote: »
    I have a sponge holder. Its called the back of my sink.

Ya, this.

I really don't understand the concept of a sponge holder. But this isn't the first time I've been confused by what people will go for.
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    IMO it's just something else to clean. We have a false drawer for the SOS sponges, but my mom has a handled scrubber that she drops in a thick square vase behind the faucet. When I lived on my own, I just let it sit in the sink, or it rested on the barrier between the double sinks. I like those little piggie holders though :)

Sent from The Brick
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
    A sponge holder simply keeps a wet sponge from sitting directly on the counter. I don't want a wet item constantly sitting on my new granite, degrading the finish. If I left the sponge IN the sink, the sponge would quickly get stinky and gross from being too wet. It's not difficult to clean the holder...I just stick it in the dishwasher every week or two...it doesn't get that dirty.

Mine's just a little cup-like thing, like this...I don't understand why sponge holders upset so many people.
    il_170x135.327749856.jpg
    A sponge holder simply keeps a wet sponge from sitting directly on the counter. I don't want a wet item constantly sitting on my new granite, degrading the finish. If I left the sponge IN the sink, the sponge would quickly get stinky and gross from being too wet. It's not difficult to clean the holder...I just stick it in the dishwasher every week or two...it doesn't get that dirty.

Mine's just a little cup-like thing, like this...I don't understand why sponge holders upset so many people.
    il_170x135.327749856.jpg

I don't think anyone's upset, lol

I do change my sponge often. I hate a smelly sponge.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A gross sponge really squicks me out. I've seen this a lot in different homes and I can't figure out HOW you think you're getting dishes clean with something that is so visually disgusting and no telling how it smells. Same thing with dish rags.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    eche428 wrote: »
    Looks like your cow is levitating over the sink, xcptnl!

it DOES look like it's levitating, doesn't it? :D but i do love me some bovine ceramic goodness! :lol:
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    I put sponges through the dishwasher frequently. And dishcloths get changed daily.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    My sponge, cloth and brush are either at the back of the sink, when they're dry or on the dish drainer when wet.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
    Ah...dishdrainers. Another potentially controversial topic. ;)

I don't have a dishdrainer. I wash very few things by hand, and I don't like giving up the counter space.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    I don't have a dishwasher so I have to do things by hand, but then there's only me and the cat so it's no big deal.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    No dishwasher here either, so must have dish drainer. We dirty lots of dishes too, SO loves to cook.

Sponge gets rinsed and squeezed out thoroughly, then rests against the sink back splash, fulfilling its destiny, as I'm pretty sure that's what it was made for. No stinky, dirty sponges in this house. Once they get even a little smelly, as is inevitable, they are relegated to bathroom duty then tossed.
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    At my house, the dishwasher IS the dish drainer.

It's a $700 drying rack.

Sent from The Brick
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
    I also wash my sponges in the dishwasher too. I also throw them out pretty quick.

I am going to order it. I hate the holder I have now.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. Siri may be typing for me.
    Central Massachusetts

Ah...dishdrainers. Another potentially controversial topic. ;)

I don't have a dishdrainer. I wash very few things by hand, and I don't like giving up the counter space.

I used to have a dish drainer. It annoyed me. If I wash things by hand I let them dry on a dish towel on the counter.

One thing I do hate is a double sink. Why? I have one now. What an annoying waste of space that is. That middle divider is always in my way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    iroc wrote: »

One thing I do hate is a double sink. Why? I have one now. What an annoying waste of space that is. That middle divider is always in my way.

Yup. Just got a new kitchen sink...a large/deep single. I'm greedy. I'm want the WHOLE thing, not just half a sink at a time.