j'adore

shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
The name Marli is on our top girls list, and I was wondering if everyone is always referencing Bob Marley when they find our her name? Everyone we have told that we like that name says, "Like Bob Marley?
A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey

Comments

• j'adorej'adore Registered Users Posts: 1,966 Curl Neophyte
    Hi!

Actually, I always say "like Bob Marley", because people think I am saying "Molly". :lol: Plus, we spell it the same way. I do like the spelling you guys are using. I went with the "ley" because it gives it a unisex feeling, which I liked a lot.

What are your other choices? I love baby names! Good Luck.

:D
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • j'adorej'adore Registered Users Posts: 1,966 Curl Neophyte
    Hi!

Actually, I always say "like Bob Marley", because people think I am saying "Molly". :lol: Plus, we spell it the same way. I do like the spelling you guys are using. I went with the "ley" because it gives it a unisex feeling, which I liked a lot.

What are your other choices? I love baby names! Good Luck.

:D
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    Well, I wouldn't mind the Bob Marley thing since I am a fan, but everyone automatically assumes I like the name b/c of my OLD smoking habit... :lol: Everyone in my family whose name ends in "eee" is spelled with an "I" to cut down on confusion: Shelli, Kelli, Holli, etc. I like Marli Rain for a girl and River ______ for a boy. I have my husband convinced on Marli but not on River...
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    Shelli, the name doesn't make me think of Bob Marley, maybe because I've known a few people named Marley.

I can see why you would be worried about people thinking that your old habit was why you were naming your daughter that! Just assure them that you would not name your child after a person because of that person's recreational activities :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    shelli wrote:
    Well, I wouldn't mind the Bob Marley thing since I am a fan, but everyone automatically assumes I like the name b/c of my OLD smoking habit... :lol:.

Okay, if I wasn't so sick right now, I'd be on the floor laughing. Sounds like something people would accuse me of. :lol:
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    we're naming our bun in the oven majerle, too. but obviously we're spelling it differently because its a family name (slovenian). everytime i tell someone they typically say, "majerle? like "m-a-r-l-e-e?" only once has someone said, "like bob marley?" and then proceeded to whisper to my belly that as soon as she turned 15, she and him would blaze up. old habits die hard i guess!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file