CurlTalk

What's your favorite clothing website for dresses?

JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
I'm looking for summer dresses..short, could be for nightwear as well. I'm looking for unique and/or cute styles on a budget.

TIA!

Comments

• Parissy198907Parissy198907 Posts: 479Registered Users
    Asos

ETA

Victoria Secret. they have really cute dresses.
    14905839.png
  • Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Posts: 1,294Registered Users
    Not 100% sure what you mean by nightwear, but I thought I'd give you a few options anyway :)

Lulu*s
    ModCloth
    NastyGal
    Asos
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users
    Agree with Asos and Mod Cloth!

Also, Dorothy Perkins and Ruche.
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    Yes, Asos and ModCloth came to mind immediately. I have way too many ModCloth dresses. I have one sitting in an unopened box right now. Taking a break after this one, though, because people have been stealing packages around here lately.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    Thanks guys, just what I was looking for! I really like lulus!
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    I read some complaints about the quality of Modcloth? Do any of you have complaints? I'm thinking of trying it because they have the type of style I like in a lot of my dresses.
    I like Shop Style for the ability to search various sites for whatever type of dress you're looking for. Their mobile site is annoying as can be, though.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    A lot of the dresses I buy (40, 50 dollars) from ModCloth are very thin cotton. I have never received a dress that was lined. But I just wear a slip under them. I have not personally had any quality problems, but I would not doubt others have had issues with quality. It's not hard to do when the fabric is relatively see through.....

But, if you just want some cute, cheap dresses to kick around in in summer, no big deal. I could never wear those dresses without a slip under them, they're that thin.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

• SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Eh, that kills it for me. I don't buy unlined dresses and I'm not a slip wearer. I only have one unlined dress and it's a special case and of great quality. I prefer to pony up the cash for better quality.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    Some of the more expensive dresses are supposedly better quality. <kanyeshrug>

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    Hmm, I don't mind the thin dresses, I have a thin cotton tank dress from H&M I could wear under. I need to get some more. They're also good as coverups for the pool..
  • Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Posts: 1,294Registered Users
    Saria wrote: »
    I read some complaints about the quality of Modcloth? Do any of you have complaints? I'm thinking of trying it because they have the type of style I like in a lot of my dresses.
    I like Shop Style for the ability to search various sites for whatever type of dress you're looking for. Their mobile site is annoying as can be, though.

Lovely Saria, as I know you are well aware, you get what you pay for ;) ModCloth's prices are all over the place, so the pricier the item, (generally) the better the quality.

I've never had a problem with any item I've received (pricey or not), and customer service was wonderful when I did have an item to return.
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Layali wrote: »

I just discovered Dorothy Perkins. how do there sizes run?
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    shabbyapple.com
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    I like Nordstrom because they offer free shipping on all orders, regardless of how much you spend. And they always have a lot of dresses on sale for under $50.

Here's all their sale dresses. You can refine the search by price.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users

Lovely Saria, as I know you are well aware, you get what you pay for ;) ModCloth's prices are all over the place, so the pricier the item, (generally) the better the quality.

I've never had a problem with any item I've received (pricey or not), and customer service was wonderful when I did have an item to return.

I've never ordered from ModCloth but it seems like the customer reviews would be pretty helpful too. Often times at least one person will include a pic with their review. And then it just seems like by and large the customer base is fairly discriminating. If something is reviewed and happens to suck, you definitely get a well informed heads-up.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
    scrills wrote: »
    shabbyapple.com
    I know of that site from you (previous posts) :) Have not yet bought anything, but it's a lot of fun to browse at.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

• CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Posts: 1,145Registered Users
    ASOS

Not sure how old you are or your fashion style, but Nasty Gal (not stripper clothing just a funny name) and Karen's Closet NYC also have cute dresses but they are mainly for going out.
    People should be willing to stand by the things they say. Or they shouldn't say them. If your opinion can't stand in the light of day...maybe it should stay in the dark...in your head?

- AmberBrown
    Josephine, since you like Lulu's, you might find something at Chloe Loves Charlie and Threadsence. They're similar.

• BlackbanjogirlBlackbanjogirl Banned Posts: 227Banned Users
    I've actually seen a lot of cute dresses at Old Navy. I'm not a dress person myself, though.
    "Your plan will have new or expanded coverage for the following services, drugs, and supplies for women, which will be paid 100% (note: by whom, is the question) when you visit a network provider:

-Prescription contraceptives and counseling for women
    -Counseling for sexually transmitted infections
    -Permanent surgical contraception (sterilization)"
    --Quoted from my Anthem insurance letter, October 25, 2012

Obama - for a woman's right to sterilize (esp when it becomes mandatory)!
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    bloomingdales.com
    saks.com
    neimanmarcus.com
    ideeli.com
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users

I've gotten two dresses from there, and they were pretty shoddy for the price. Cute style, but that's about the extent of it.

Siri types my posts for me.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users
    scrills wrote: »
    Layali wrote: »

I just discovered Dorothy Perkins. how do there sizes run?

I order a size down in their signature brand. Their U.S. size equivalents are a bit off, they seem to run larger.
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • MojoDojoMojoDojo Posts: 702Registered Users
    All the dresses I own are from pinupgirlclothing.com

I've looked at modcloth, but have never ordered. I dunno I just don't buy a lot of clothing.:dontknow:
    I AM THE NEANDERTHAL SLAYER!!!