Rash or Allergic Reaction?

inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
Chas has had a red rash on his bottom for two weeks. The doctor looked at it and wasn't too concerned. He said it was just from him starting cereal he told me to get some Bag Balm Sab to put on it. Is this type of rash normal when they start cereal?

The rash got so bad I stopped Chas from eating cereal since Sunday. His bottom is returning to normal. I'm not sure if it's from the Bag Balm, from stopping cereal or something else.

Once it clears up should I try him on Cereal again? Has anybody else had this issue.

The redness was contained only to the back of his behind. Never anywhere else on his body.

Comments

• itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Registered Users Posts: 652
    sounds like it's the food...owen used to turn red all the time when he was younger. fair sensative skin. i've found that a blob of vaseline in every diaper works wonderfully! puts that small layer of protection on their skin so their pee and poops won't irritate the skin as much.

is chas cutting teeth? i know my niece would get a horrible red bottom when she was cutting teeth. i think because of all the extra drool, their digestive track gets overactive so everything is more acidic.

if it was allergies, i'd think that he'd have rashes all over, not just on his bottom...

vaseline it up!
    cheaper then all the creams and goops and stuff. :)
    oh, and let him airdry a little after his baths. makes a bottom happy.
    i hope his butt feels better! hahaha
    3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    :lol:

Thanks Meghan. I'll just keep this stuff on there and go back to feeding him cereal. He really misses it and it fills him up. I don't think he's cutting teeth. He shows signs every once inawhile and then things go back to normal.

I feel so inadequate figuring out all this stuff. Chas will probably get a tooth and I'll go "oh that's why he was so fussy".
  • itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Registered Users Posts: 652
    :lol: that's exactly what happened when owen cut his first two. we figured out why he was fussing when he bit daddy's finger and it hurt! hahaha
    3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file