CurlTalk

Hand steamer

Hey
I was wondering....can you use a hand steamer for your hair? I have low porosity hair and really could use a steamer but the traditional kind, the one you sit under, freaks me out and I feel like i'm going to get electrocuted. I also hate those dryers you sit under as well, I feel a panic...
Is it ok to use a hand steamer?

Comments

• Touch.of.inkTouch.of.ink Posts: 297Registered Users
    Hey
    I was wondering....can you use a hand steamer for your hair? I have low porosity hair and really could use a steamer but the traditional kind, the one you sit under, freaks me out and I feel like i'm going to get electrocuted. I also hate those dryers you sit under as well, I feel a panic...
    Is it ok to use a hand steamer?

There are a couple of hair steamers that I know of. I'm waiting for a Q-Redew, myself.

As for a hand steamer intended for garments, I'm not sure what temperature it is. I mean, steam itself has to be a certain temperature, but do they make the garment steamers even hotter? IAgirl (I think) had an interesting study about what temps start causing damage to hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
    Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
    Monthly: Henna
    As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
    HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
    Last perm: 12/10/10
    CG since: 3/9/12
    Last haircut: 4/17/12
    Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
  • NaturallySassy2NaturallySassy2 Posts: 7Registered Users
    I love my Q-Redew handheld hair steamer. Check out my results and reviews on curlynikki.com search qredew. Its such an amazing product

Sent from my HTC One V using CurlTalk App