We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Poll for fine-haired curlies!!!

Just thinking about this the other day, and was curious! TIA!
GuardianB wrote:
Southern gals rock :!:
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• PheebiePheebie Posts: 177Registered Users
    I find I get more volume and better curl definition with gel, (which is what I checked off in the poll), but I will use mousse on occasion.
    Hair Type: 3A/3B; natural color; mid-back length.
    Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus (2 - 3 times/week)
    Fave Rinse-Out Conditioners: HE Hello Hydration; Yes to Blueberries; GVP Conditioning Balm;
    Styling Routine: Squish-scrunch product /conditioner into soaking wet, upside down hair; plop for 10 minutes, air dry. (Diffuser dry front section.)
    Fave Styling Products: KCKT; Tigi Curl Amplifier Creme; Batia & Aleeza gel; Giovanni Sunset Styler; LA Looks Sport Gel.
  • dontbrushmicurlsdontbrushmicurls Posts: 2Registered Users
    I don't use either; I use creams. I find they are the only thing to cut frizz in my humid climate. Right now I'm using PM The Cream.
    Dark brown fine 2A/3A layered above-shoulders.
    Johnson and Johnson's honey baby shampoo. Leave-in: Generic PM The Cream. Coconut oil on dry hair for shine and definition.
    And don't brush!!!
  • AthenaAthena Posts: 36Registered Users
    It depends on the weather. Typically, I reach for gels when it's hot and humid, but mousse is better for me during winter. However, creams have helped when I needed a bit more weight than mousse....:)
    "A great deal of talent is lost in the world for want of a little courage."
    ~~Sydney Smith
  • kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    It depends on the weather for me, too. Right now, I'm having such good luck with the Noodle Head, which I guess you would call a cream, but in the summer, I was using a gel, then when the weather turned a bit cooler & drier, mousse was working better for me. When I first started using the NH, I was putting a gel or mousse over it, but now I find I like it just on it's own :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

• UberCurlsUberCurls Posts: 1Registered Users
    Gel is always better than mousse for me
    Abby
    3B-3C
    F-iii
  • brownilocksbrownilocks Posts: 28Registered Users
    I didn't vote because I like creams and there wasn't a choice for that.
    3c fine-textured shoulder-length spirals with layered cut. I Like Pantene relaxed & nat. condish, biolage gelee, and Suave aloe gel. Cutting my own hair these days, and I'm a plopper too!
  • GingerCookieGingerCookie Posts: 8Registered Users
    Gel or glaze for me. Never tried a cream. Mousse is designed to add body, which is something I already have too much of, so I avoid them like the plague. :wink:
    ~GingerCookie
    3B/C, homecolored from dark dishwater blonde to strawberry blonde
  • RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users
    I get good results with mousse but it makes for horrible second-day hair so I prefer creams or gels. I can't deal with having to wash my hair every single day.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    I answered depends on the weather but use mousse most the time. But I haven't really experimented with a lot of gel either. Pretty much tryed JF Frizz Ease mousse and then Joice Ice whip and stuck with them. Have only tryed cheaper end gels. JF Brilliant Brunette's gel worked well for a while but it made my hair dependent on it's cones.

KJwavy: That kitty is soo cute :)
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file