CurlTalk

I need these Havana Twists!! *Pics included*

CurlyDeziCurlyDezi Posts: 72Registered Users
I came across a website afrigenix.com. It's a salon in New York, but I live in Georgia so there's no way I can get this style of twists done from them. They're called Havana Twists on their website, but does anyone know if they're also known by another name, or will a stylist know what I'm referring to when I say Havana Twists? This would be a great protective style for me while I'm chasing my 4-month old around the house since I barely have any time to do my hair.Here are the three pics of the style:
Havana Twists … #Hairgasm!! « hairscapades

Comments

• CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    Ooooooooo these are hot
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Ooh I like these!
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Posts: 1,145Registered Users
    Those are really cute, but I'm not sure why they are called Havana twists...those look like regular chunkier twists to me. My twists look like that when I do like 30 twists instead of 50+.
    People should be willing to stand by the things they say. Or they shouldn't say them. If your opinion can't stand in the light of day...maybe it should stay in the dark...in your head?

- AmberBrown
  • lisa6lisa6 Posts: 543Registered Users
    Very pretty. To me, they look like thick, 3-strand twists. I would need extension hair to get more than like 4 twists that thick on my entire head.
    comic-p.jpg
    4a fine, thin, high porosity
    Poo: SM Y&B, BT TT
    C: HE Reconditioning, Suave Almond and Shea
    DC: CJ CR, CJ RM
    LI: JC DT
    Curl Cream: RN BWCC, CJ CCCC
    Gel: CJ AFG
    Refresher: SM Thickening Mist, SM Y&A Milk, CJ CIAB
    Moisturizer: CJ SL, SM CES
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,747Registered Users
    I like, I like....I'm going to see if the girl who used to braid my hair can do these, these are very pretty.

vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.platinumpj.com" class="Popup
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup
    @PlatinumPJ
  • CurlyDeziCurlyDezi Posts: 72Registered Users
    At first I thought it was really her hair, until I looked on the website and they stated that they used braiding hair with this style. If any of you do find someone to do it let me know if they call these twists by another name and post pics of your hairstyle too!
  • Mimi2010Mimi2010 Posts: 189Registered Users
    Absolutely gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I saw these the other day on an unrelated site and my jaw dropped! I LOVE them.

I'm looking for something new to do with my hair, so I might try these.
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Posts: 1,578Registered Users
    Once again:

13763d1331074498-diablo-iii-cinematic-trailer-28-2-2012-mother-god-meme.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
    I requested an appt for April 21st, let's see how it goes. The yelp reviews are divided though.
  • Naturally1908Naturally1908 Posts: 56Registered Users
    These are beautiful! I love them!
    Monique - Natural Hair Advocate - Blogger
    Proud Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc
    I tweet! www.twitter.com/naturally1908
    I blog! www.naturalandfab.com

event.png

event.png

[/CENTER]
  • lafemme91lafemme91 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I love this hairstyle! I am having them done tomorrow.:thumright:
    lafemme91 wrote: »
    I love this hairstyle! I am having them done tomorrow.:thumright:

I will need photos please!

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    Nice
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
    That's it. This is gonna be my protective style asap.

AFRO PUFFY/FLUFFY TWISTS - YouTube

It's set in stone.
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • HelaMillenia<3HelaMillenia<3 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Those are beautiful
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    I've been eyeing these for over a year!

I'm afraid to get them though, really nervous about extensions/weave/whatever the correct term is.
    Bump

I found the hair that was used to do these type of twists.
    Finger Comber — Havanna Hair (All Color Options)
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    :shock: Thanks CocoT

After I'm done experimenting with products, I'm going to put these in!!!!! Maybe for fall/winter PT--because it rains so dang much here, there is no point of having my hair out, it just shrinks up and tangles and I lose all texture I have created with braids or twists--I would be so happy if all it did was shrink, but the resulting tanlges and SSKs are horrific.

ETA: cool, they are reuseable! You can wash them and use oil
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,747Registered Users
    Ooohhh thanks Coco, I can take this hair to the lady who braids my daughter's hair. She will love it. Lovely!!

...i'm supersonic
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.platinumpj.com" class="Popup
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup
    @PlatinumPJ
  • anonymous_114091anonymous_114091 Posts: 126Registered Users
    I saw those pictures when I was doing a search for transitioning styles, and immediately fell in love with them.
    *BIG CHOP: September 22, 2012* :afro:
    *Last Relaxer: April 15, 2012* :p

event.png
    yep, I don't think it was posted in there though. CocoT and I referenced it up thread or maybe it was in SIIDY?

ETA: You reminded me that I need to get the hair!!!!!
    She seems a bit.... off. Can't put my finger on what it is. Anyway, I prefer the fat fat twists.

^ lmfao@ that gif
    The woman thought she was getting the baton...LOL!!!!
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    did anyone get these? has anyone ordered the hair cocot mentioned? where are the photos y'all? :confused3:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hippychic wrote: »
    did anyone get these? has anyone ordered the hair cocot mentioned? where are the photos y'all? :confused3:

My sister got them and she rocked havana twists for a few months a few months ago. The style turned out really noce. Sorry I dont have pics to post

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    CocoT wrote: »
    hippychic wrote: »

My sister got them and she rocked havana twists for a few months a few months ago. The style turned out really noce. Sorry I dont have pics to post

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
    thanks anyway girlier!!!:love5:

i just ordered the 2 twist wig and some hair:blob:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]