cowash and RO question.

Brandi_JBrandi_J Registered Users Posts: 7
Hello Dears!
Ok so, I have been No-Poo since 2009. I attempted to go CG then just I guess I just gave up. But Ive decided this year is the year. So far I have gotten rid of all cones in my bathroom and shower. (with the exception of my girlfriend's shampoo seeing as she has beautiful straight red hair) and I'm down to only using two products: LoReal's EverCreme(cowash\RO) and U R Curly tight curl enhancer.

Im getting great results out of just those two products but im still pretty frizzy. So Im trying to add more to my routine.
So here is my question, what are the key factors of choose which condish to use as a CO wash and a RO?
My hair is pretty much type 3B and meduim porous due to heat damage that I'm growing out.

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    I typically go for either cleansing conditioners (L'Oreal's new EverCreme line has one) or for conditioners labeled "clarifying" or "volumizing" for my co-wash. For a RO, I look for something richer GFTN was great until they reformulated and made it non-CG. My new go to is Renpure Organics new Argan Oil and Brazilian Keratin conditioners (Argan oil formula has no protein if that is an issue for you). HTH!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Brandi_JBrandi_J Registered Users Posts: 7
    What about Suave Naturals daily clarifying? Ive read stuff about their coconut, milk and honey, and lavender being CG safe. But nothing about the clarifying. The ingredients have some ingredients Im not sure of, nothing that ends in "cone" but two that end in "none". So Im questioning it.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    Suave Daily Clarifying is CG- I like it much better than the coconut that everyone seems to rave about. I currently alternate between Suave Clarifying and VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying.

The two "none" ingredients that you're referring two are preservatives (and will show up in a lot of other products). Curl Chemist wrote an article about them that you should be able to find if you do a search.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file