How did you stop your breakage?

RingletTeenLoveRingletTeenLove Posts: 116Registered Users
My hair has been on and off curly for about 2 years. The I got a perm in October because I couldn't take my unruly hair. Now my mom is making me grow it out because its breaking but I hate the braids she makes me wear!! So what can I do so I don't have to wear the dumb braids!! Help!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using CurlTalk App

Comments

• BreahPicklesBreahPickles Posts: 10Registered Users
    Honestly, if you don't wanna wear it in braids, you might have to just wear it in a bun or something.

My father was in the navy, and we got stationed overseas in Spain. My mother thought it would be a good idea to get me a relaxer right before the move. WRONG. We were there for three years, and I wore my hair in buns for three years. I couldn't straighten it or anything. When my mom realized my hair was just breaking off...I had to wear it in protective styles. Now that my relaxer is all out (Grew it out, and cut off the relaxed bit...) it's much healthier and I'm glad that ugly period in my life is over with.
  • RingletTeenLoveRingletTeenLove Posts: 116Registered Users
    Thanks!! What products did/do you use

Back then I used a lot of pantene products...I didn't really know better.

I don't shampoo very often, just run through with conditioner, and usually that is Trader Joe's (I forget the whole name, but it's fairly cheap and sulfate free)

Then while it's wet, I run some Kinky Curly Curling custard through it and let it air dry. Then while it's still damp, I run a little argan oil through my hair to make it shinier.
    Sounds good. I used the custard before I got the perm. One last thing, how can I wear my hair natural while its growing out the perm ( my hair is curly not kinky) or should straighten it like once a week then wear it up?

When I was growing my relaxer out, I wore a lot of loose buns, french braids, etc. Just make sure not to braid, or pull anything too tight because you don't want your edges to start breaking.

I didn't straighten my hair because I was afraid to damage it any further.
    Thanks:) my mom just cut 2 inches off my hair so its kinda short but healthy. 2 more inches of perm to go

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file