Help with my hair type

sage112sage112 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi there I am a 20 year old girl 8 months into the transitioning process. I have been wearing twists in my hair to help with the transition since I am basically "hair stupid" and I don't really know how to take care of it. Once I do the big chop I plan on really focusing on how to maintain and style my natural hair. My parents have been relaxing my hair since I was around 6 years old ( with the Just For Me products.) I have never really seen what my natural hair looks like which is why I'm on this journey. I am really eager to find out what kind of hair I have. If you ladies could please help out with that, do you have any idea what type of hair I have I really would like to know what to expect. Any photos or celebrities you think that might have similar hair would be a great visual. I need something realistic to look forward to.

Just look at the patch of new growth I have, the rest of my hair is in twists. The reason there is a patch is because a twist fell off lol.

Thank you so much for your help!

35lvihf.jpg

2e4dkqa.jpg

35laypw.jpg

Comments

• berri_cherriberri_cherri Posts: 91Registered Users
    It appears to be a 4a, but I would say a picture of the front would be better to see the actual curl pattern.

Is your hair coarse, dry, thin, thick, or moist?
    Hair type:
    4A/4B(coarse, very thick, dry, and curly)
    Big chop 3/27/12
    Hair styling products: Shea Moisture(yellow line shampoo n restorative conditioner)
    http://tastyberri.blogspot.com/

Density: High
    porosity: :D Definitely LOW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file