Starter Oils Fsg?

Hi ladies, tonight I plan on making my first batch of fsg and curious as to what is everyone's favorite oils to add? I've been trying to keep track of additive's but I wont lie I'm starting to get overwhelmed. Thanks!
29 y/o
2bc/Fine/Medium density/WSL/Low Porosity
Low Poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
Rinse Out: Suave Naturals Coconut
Leave In: Tressemme Naturals Conditioner
Loves Proteins!

:hello2:

Comments

• swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    Hi ladies, tonight I plan on making my first batch of fsg and curious as to what is everyone's favorite oils to add? I've been trying to keep track of additive's but I wont lie I'm starting to get overwhelmed. Thanks!

I add coconut oil and coconut fragrance oil. The coconut oil because my hair loves it like no other, the fragrance oil choice was so it wouldn't clash with my other products ( suave naturals coconut, Shea moisture coconut and hibiscus. My hair really loves coconut derived anything!)
    Start small when adding oils (and most additives) and work your way up. If it's not enough oil or whatever else you want in there it's not a big deal to add more next time. But too much and chances are you'll have to throw out the whole batch.

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk. Excuse typos!
  • longcurlygirllongcurlygirl Posts: 15Registered Users
    I use grapeseed oil and maybe try fragrance oil like lavander and you can use any oil based on your preferance. Remember to store in the refridgerator !
  • desperate4curlsdesperate4curls Posts: 35Registered Users
    LOVE the way coconut smells but I read somewhere it's one of the heavier oils...? See there is where I get overwhelmed as far as which oils are good for different sorts of hair. I've tried to google it but most of the time all I get are benefits for skin.
    29 y/o
    2bc/Fine/Medium density/WSL/Low Porosity
    Low Poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
    Rinse Out: Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave In: Tressemme Naturals Conditioner
    Loves Proteins!

:hello2:
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    I personally find EVOO heavier than coconut oil. Coconut oil is one of the oils that can actually penetrate the hair shaft (EVOO is another, and I honestly can't remember the others right now). I add about a tbsp. of it to 3 cups FSG, and it doesn't make my hair oily at all. I can even seal with coconut oil then use more FSG with coconut oil, and my hair still isn't greasy.
    There are lighter oils. I believe grapeseed is one, but honestly I am not sure.
    It really comes down to what your hair likes, and the only way to figure that out is trial and error!
    Fragrance oils don't really add that much oiliness to it, though. The coconut oil itself smells a bit like coconuts, if you buy the unrefined non deodorized kind, but not enough to make the FSG smell like coconuts. That's where the fragrance oil comes in. It just adds smell, no other benefit other than that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file