Devacut for wavies?

sfaithjsfaithj Posts: 106Registered Users
Would a Devacut work for wavies? My waves/curls tend to wave/curl differently from day to day, making a Devacut pointless. Any wavies gotten a Devacut?
2a wavy. acv is my friend. flax gelee weighs down my hair too much.

cleansers: giovanni, curls
conditioner: curls
styling: LA Looks sports gel

Comments

• hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    I was really tempted to try a Deva Cut but the only stylist near me that offers them is almost $200. That is waaaaaaaaaaaay too much for me to spend on my hair!! If you get one, post pics!!!!!!!
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
  • Honeyb0000Honeyb0000 Posts: 42Registered Users
    I have posted about this other places, so I will just say that a Deva cuts did not work for my 2c hair that falls different every day. I have gone back to wet "regular" cuts. For now anyway.

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
    Shampoo: Pure Life Lavender
    Condish Pure Life Lavender, GFTN
    LI: Deva OneC
  • oh.hi.its.stephoh.hi.its.steph Posts: 640Registered Users
    Got one, the hairstylist was excellent and knowledgeable, but it was expensive and not really the best for my wavy hair. My hair was a bit uneven, and the short layers made it very poofy and it actually was less wavy. Not the stylist's fault -- it was seriously just the cut itself. My hair prefers long layers and a wet cut.
    whurly girly (2C/3A).
    thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
    hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
    CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
    RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
    LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
    Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
  • sfaithjsfaithj Posts: 106Registered Users
    Ladies, thank you so much for your feedback! There's a woman who does Devacuts near me for reasonable ($45) so of course I got curious about Devacuts and wavy hair. I think when I'm ready to cut my hair again (in two months), I'll do a "regular" wet cut.
    2a wavy. acv is my friend. flax gelee weighs down my hair too much.

cleansers: giovanni, curls
    conditioner: curls
    styling: LA Looks sports gel
  • Mimee03Mimee03 Posts: 190Registered Users
    I've been wanting to get one. There is a video on NaturallyCurly from the wavy blogger - I forget her name sorry, maybe Alyssa? And she got one and loved it. It looked really good!
  • twister89twister89 Posts: 137Registered Users
    I think my stylist might have given me Devacuts. At the very least, she does a dry cut! I've been happy with my haircuts so far. Can't say how it'd compare to a wet cut though, as I haven't gotten a wet cut since I started wearing my hair wavy. I don't think it'll harm anything to get one, at least! It's worth trying once if it's not super expensive where you live (mine is $60 a cut, but I only get mine cut twice a year max, and I don't do any coloring so... it's not too bad).
  • CurliniCurlini Posts: 258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Devacuts like all haircuts are only as good as the skill of the stylist. I wouldn't try any stylist without getting reviews somehow first. would be ideal if you could find reviews for your local Deva stylist. I was nervous about trying a Devacut and finally took the plunge last fall -
    I LOVE :love4:my cut - but I knew the stylist was skilled from reviews and because my curly daughter had great cuts with her.
    Medium Texture/Normal Porosity
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie conditioners, Elucence moisture balancing, Darcy's pumpkin seed, Mop Top Daily
    Gels: CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ Curl Queen, UFDCM, Mop Top Curly Custard, KCCC (wish it didn't take so long to dry!), CJ Aloe Fix Lite
    Weekly PT (CJ Repair Me) & DT
    Icequeen method
    CG since Aug. 08, still a lot to learn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeanneMLeanneM Posts: 211Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a 2C wavy (with a bit of 3A mixed in), and have been getting Deva cuts for a little over a year. They have made a huge difference in my hair! The first woman I tried was about $160 for a cut, but I've since found someone who is only $50, and she does a great job. If you can find someone who is not too expensive, I'd say to go for it!
    Mod-CG since December 2010.
    Hair type: NC: 2A; FIA: 2cFii; Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    Cleansing: CJ Cleansing Conditioner, Trader Joe's Tea Tree, or Deva No Poo
    Daily conditioner: Deva One C or CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Hair Cond or GPB
    Styling products: Deva B'Leave In + Deva Curl Cream + AnGel; or
    SS CEJ + BRHG; or AG: Recoil + BRHG; or KCKT + KCCC + BRHG
    Treatments: SS protein treatment or CJ Curl Fix or Nexxus Emergencee + CJ Curl Rehab

• msgmsg Posts: 151Registered Users
    I too am a wavy that gets Deva cuts. I've had 3 and I think they are better than the wet cuts I got in the past. It is a matter of telling the stylist what you want, i.e. long layers, not short ones, straighter pieces cut shorter like my underlayer, etc to even out the look. A good stylist should be able to listen and do what you want, wet or dry. And a dry cut just makes more sense to me since curl textures are often so different all over (i.e. mine is: front curly, back wavy, underlayer wavy/straight), so it wouldn't look as good if it was cut wet in a certain style like straight hair. Now if any of them could just learn how to style my picky waves so I look great leaving the salon....
    FIA: 2b-c/f/i, normal porosity/elasticity I think?

Current favs:
    lo-poo: Giovanni
    Co-Wash: V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO: CJ Beauticurls,
    LI: Ouidad Botanical Boost
    PT/DT: Emergencee, Biolage Condish Balm
    Stylers: LALSG, Aussome Volume Gel
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Deva-style cut works well for my hair, too. I'd have said mine fell different all the time, but the haircut encourages them to clump up with each other somehow, and the stylist takes a bunch of hair out so it dries faster, but still looks like the same amount of hair. And I don't have to get it cut any more often than regular haircut, I just go twice a year.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • EmbracingItEmbracingIt Posts: 85Registered Users
    The Deva-style cut works well for my hair, too. I'd have said mine fell different all the time, but the haircut encourages them to clump up with each other somehow, and the stylist takes a bunch of hair out so it dries faster, but still looks like the same amount of hair. And I don't have to get it cut any more often than regular haircut, I just go twice a year.

Robin have you been to see Tiffany at LCLF? I ask because I'm also in Florida thinking of making the 3 or more hour drive to her :)
    Trying to figure out and maintain protein/ moisture balance
    Low sulphates, no silicones Nov 2011

Cleansing: Dove Cool Moisture
    RO: AO GPB, Tresseme Naturals, YTT
    Stylers- CK, BRHG, AG Re:coil, CJPP, KCCC, HETT mousse

2nd day hair- Paul Mitchell Mousse scrunched in

Easily weighed down, tendency to get OC'd

2c/3a with some curls in there/Med to fine Texture/ Normal Porosity/ Normal Elasticity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file