Is Elegant and Easy Possible?

KSMcHooliganKSMcHooligan Posts: 17Registered Users
I am 17 && my Junior Prom is in just a few weeks!
I have to do my hair myself, but i have NO idea where to start /:
I have 3C, short hair but I'm a bigger girl with a round chubby face so some styles aren't very flattering.
I've noticed that if I play around with pieces of hair long enough that they eventually give into my wishes, but at the exspense of my Curl ):

I've tried looking through what seems like hundreds of YouTube videos && browsing around from one website to the other, but most of those women either have hair much shorter than mine, or just a bit longer so that the style wouldn't work with my hair.

I'm trying to stay away from Straightening it(its been 4 months since I've straightened it last), mostly because i don't know the safe way to go about it, also because I'm afraid of the heat on my healthy hair again.
Besides, I want to dance with friends && have a good time without worrying if my hair is going to Puff up when I'm trying to Boogie Down!
I've also never had enough talent/ skill to braid or twist it myself..

I'd really appreciate if I could get things along the lines of Step by step instructions, more helpful videos, a list of products to buy, or your own hair pictures && techniques?

**I'm not against using a Flat Iron, Curling Iron, or Wand. But I would like to keep it as natural as I can without feeling simple.

I can post different pictures of my Hair, Dress, etc.

Please && Thank You in advance!! (:
d.jpg

securedownload.jpg

292207_255266587901478_100002544168808_559816_511711854_n.jpg

419950_248657415229062_100002544168808_543064_671868697_n.jpg

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    How about pinning up the sides or just one side.. add a flower or some hair bling. Or you could do a roller set.. you could do flat twists to the back and do a pretty puff..

Just because your hair is short doesn't mean you don't have options. 8)
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • KSMcHooliganKSMcHooligan Posts: 17Registered Users
    I agree. & I have found a lot of styles that work for me when I feel like changing things up, but I am really looking for more of a special dressy look.
    More or less, I'm trying to impress someone && I don't want my giant curly Afro to scare him off lol
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well giant afro or no, if it's meant to be it will happen.. just try to have fun anyways. :color:
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file