I was having a good hair day until...

HairObsessedHairObsessed Posts: 138Registered Users
I thought this would be kind of a fun thread to start. :wave:

Share your stories about good hair days gone bad!

I'll start it off:

I had put a lot of effort into my hair one morning. Co-washed, plopped, and diffused. My hair was still a bit damp when I went to the dentist. I was due for X-rays, "Let me just lift my hair up before you put that lead--"

The dental hygienist had already plopped a lead vest on my shoulders. WAVES SMUSHED. :-|
Wave Pattern: 2A
Hair Properties: Normal/Low Porosity, Medium Density, Medium Texture w/Fine Straight Underlayer
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, Cure Care
Low-poo: Renpure Brazilian Keratin
Rinse Out & Leave In: Tresemme Naturals
Gel: LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel

Comments

• lcl0706lcl0706 Posts: 959Registered Users
    I have had many a potential good hair day ruined by mother nature, for sure. Like downpours, high winds, etc. But I cannot get my boyfriend to understand that one day, just ONCE, I'd like to have successful 2nd day hair, and he's got to keep his paws out of it at night! It's too short to pineapple and as I discovered the other night - I can't sleep in a satin cap or wrap because my hair will literally take on the shape of the cap. I'll have a great hair day and think oh man, maybe this is the day when I wake up and can refresh and go. But nope, he starts finger combing it. Which sucks for me too, because I looooove having my hair played with. That is the only thing I miss about life as an imposter straightie.
    :wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

hairsiggy-4-1.jpg
  • wavyonewavyone Posts: 219Registered Users
    I have one! The day I realized I had left one of those silver clips in on the back of my head!:confused4:
    2a or b, highlighted, fine hair but lots of it
    Modified CG since 6/11

Low Poo: CJ Daily Fix
    Co-Wash: DevaCurl No Poo
    Rinse Out: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner or Deva One C
    DT: CJ Rehab
    Stylers: Deva Heaven in Hair as a Leave-in, followed by Arc Angel
    SOTC: CJ CIAB
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    :neutral: Good hair days turn bad for me when I see the weather forecast which predicts a force 10 gale on the way (like as soon as I leave the house!:laughing2:) My perfectly coiffed curls then resemble candy floss by the time I get to my destination and I'm sure people think that I didn't bother to do my hair that morning, lol!:laughing6:
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    So, my 6th wedding anniversary was on March 18th. We decided to celebrate the day before, which was Saturday. We were going to drop the kids off at my parents and have that rare date night. I had been sick all day, but was determined to get up and go. I got my shower, super soaked, applied my FSG and plopped. I asked my husband to come help me find something to wear because my stomach is still pretty swollen from surgery. Well, let's just say he had other plans when he came upstairs! My perfect clumps and waves turned into smashed stringlets. After that it was up-do time....
  • amandamarieamandamarie Posts: 240Registered Users
    I have literally NO sympathy for those of you whose SOs ruined your hair. :tongue1: Seems worth it to me!

I may or may not have been on the other end of that one, though.

My bad hair day stories are mostly related to weather--wind coming out of nowhere. :angry3:
    2a/b (really thick but sort of fine with pretty weak waves), medium-to-fine texture, normal porosity (I think). Doesn't seem to like protein.

Favorite products: Kinky-Curly Knot Today, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion, Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk, homemade flaxseed gel.

Still looking for a cleanser I like. :dontknow:
  • HairObsessedHairObsessed Posts: 138Registered Users
    swtndspcy wrote: »
    So, my 6th wedding anniversary was on March 18th. We decided to celebrate the day before, which was Saturday. We were going to drop the kids off at my parents and have that rare date night. I had been sick all day, but was determined to get up and go. I got my shower, super soaked, applied my FSG and plopped. I asked my husband to come help me find something to wear because my stomach is still pretty swollen from surgery. Well, let's just say he had other plans when he came upstairs! My perfect clumps and waves turned into smashed stringlets. After that it was up-do time....

My fiancé always messes up my hair somehow too! I take it this won't be improving after marriage then? ;)
    Wave Pattern: 2A
    Hair Properties: Normal/Low Porosity, Medium Density, Medium Texture w/Fine Straight Underlayer
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, Cure Care
    Low-poo: Renpure Brazilian Keratin
    Rinse Out & Leave In: Tresemme Naturals
    Gel: LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel

My fiancé always messes up my hair somehow too! I take it this won't be improving after marriage then? ;)
    LOL, most likely not!
  • CubanwavyCubanwavy Posts: 293Registered Users
    No réal bad's here. Wore my hair in a ponytail secured with a short banana clip. During the meeting the clip broke and I didn't have another clip. my hair is below shoulder length with bangs that long and it naturally parts in the middle, but grows in a direction down over my face ( I can't leave it down without a headband or combs. So, I was stuck in the meeting for about 1 hour trying to hold it back. Someone offered me a rubber band, but I declined.
  • CubanwavyCubanwavy Posts: 293Registered Users
    Oh! Wait, the silver clip. I worked all day seeing patients in home health with a silver clip (the kind used to set hair), in the very front. Later that evening while fixing dinner my DH asked, 'you didn't wear that clip all day did you'?, LOL! I didn't intend to.
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    The wind is usually a big culprit in messing up a decent hair day. Evil weather!!!!
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
  • winnowillwinnowill Posts: 25Registered Users
    Had my hair looking good. But didn't check the weather forecast for the day. This was when I was still straightening it. Got out of the car to go into work. (Took me an hour to commute at that time) By the time I got in the door my hair was soaked. Turned into a big puffball when it dried.
    HAIR TYPE: 2B/2C
    TEXTURE: Medium
    POROSITY: Low
    ELASTICITY: Low
    DENSITY: Medium
  • wavyonewavyone Posts: 219Registered Users

Our anniversary is the same date!! Happy belated anniversary to you. :)
    2a or b, highlighted, fine hair but lots of it
    Modified CG since 6/11

Low Poo: CJ Daily Fix
    Co-Wash: DevaCurl No Poo
    Rinse Out: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner or Deva One C
    DT: CJ Rehab
    Stylers: Deva Heaven in Hair as a Leave-in, followed by Arc Angel
    SOTC: CJ CIAB
    wavyone wrote: »

Our anniversary is the same date!! Happy belated anniversary to you. :)
    To you also!!
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I work w/ kids w/ autism and on more than one occasion a kid has a) pulled my hair b) run his fingers through it while it is still wet or c) chewed on it, haha.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• SegBSegB Posts: 692Registered Users
    I work w/ kids w/ autism and on more than one occasion a kid has a) pulled my hair b) run his fingers through it while it is still wet or c) chewed on it, haha.

I used to work at a private residential school for students with autism and other developmental disorders with behavioral issues, and one student got me in a hairpull...And it was the one day I wore it down (usually wore it tied back for this reason) AND it was curly. Not a good hair day after that.
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lol Seg the kids can still grab my hair even when it's up in a ponytail! One kid with major aggression/behaviors managed to get two handfuls of hair on the top of my head when it was in a ponytail. When I tried to get his hands out he tried to bite me and it took 2-3 other adults to get his hands out!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I live on the we(s)t coast, and close to water, so my good hair days are often ruined by nature...wind is the worst. I had to wear a helmet to ride a scooter today...that didn't help me much today, but I think my weakness today was from missing some spots from gel.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• SegBSegB Posts: 692Registered Users
    lol Seg the kids can still grab my hair even when it's up in a ponytail! One kid with major aggression/behaviors managed to get two handfuls of hair on the top of my head when it was in a ponytail. When I tried to get his hands out he tried to bite me and it took 2-3 other adults to get his hands out!

Yikes! I have been there so I know exactly what you are talking about!
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • WavyshibbyWavyshibby Posts: 165Registered Users
    I was having a great hair day (3rd day hair!) until I had to tie up the top half in a tight Cindy-Lou-Who style on top of my head for a play. Looked cute, but as I washed and restyled the results were not the same. I've been trying to recreate those 3 good hair days ever since but I've had no luck :(
    2c/3a, fine texture, normal porosity, medium-to-thick
    Co wash: Vo5 Extra Body
    Conditioners: Deva One Condition, GVP CB, Loreal Evercurl
    Stylers: Devacurl ArcAngel, KCCC, AG Recoil, Iso Bouncy Creme, Ecostyler Krystal, CCCCL, KCKT
    Low Poo: Devacurl NoPoo, GTTT
    Hair likes: plopping, diffusing, SMaster's, coconut and argan oil, honey, protein
    "What makes a woman unforgettable? Her mind...surrounded by lots of naturally curly hair"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file