Introducing Me!

my new hairmy new hair Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello everyone, I am new here. I have been relaxing my hair since Jr. High school (12-13 yrs old??) I attempted growing my relaxer out about 5 years ago but couldn't get past about 4 months post relaxer :cry:. Over the past 10 years I've been wearing a roller set because I love how big and full my hair looks with a roller set. ( I LOVE Big Hair:compress:) 8 months ago I really started thinking about going natural but I was so worried how unattractive I would look without my "normal" hair. Don't get me wrong I am not vain, I don't think I'm a gorgeous lady but I just felt very insecure about a big change and how people would view me.

Well my niece decided that she was going to go natural in January. I was excited because we could take this journey together! Although she only flat ironed her shoulder length hair she did the BC anyway. It's so very pretty on her :smile:. I will not do the BC because honestly I still have insecurities about how I will look, but I am now going into month 5 post relaxer. I have enjoyed twisting and braiding and everything in between on my hair. I know I still have a ways to go because my shoulder length hair is still 95% relaxed. I know that eventually as I continue to have fun with my new hair and all that I can do with it, I'll cut the relaxed ends.

I am so glad I stumbled across this forum because looking at all the beautiful black women from the TWA to the beautiful twists and everything in between has really inspired me to keep lloking towards my goal of all natural hair.

This is the first time hearing of hair types like 4a or 4b. I'm not sure but I believe I'm a little of both. I will start taking pictures of my journey. I thank you all for your inspiration!
:love10: My New Hair :love10:

Comments

• proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    :wave: Welcome my new hair (great name), it's lovely to hear you are ready to embrace your natural hair!

I also had a relaxer many years ago, which I grew out. It wasn't easy, (there were many tears and tantrums) but it was so worth it in the end. It really made me appreciate my curls and now I wouldn't trade them for anything! Hang in there, and you'll get there in the end.

Best wishes.:icon_smile:
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file