Low Sulfates

susanna19susanna19 Posts: 10Registered Users
Is it okay to use non-water sulable silicones if you are using low sulfate shampoo, or will that create buildup?

Comments

• swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    The Scoop on Silicones

This article is one worth bookmarking for reference! It tells you exactly what cleansers will dissolve what silicones.
    Some low-poos contain detergents that will remove most silicones, some don't. I suggest printing out the article for the handy dandy chart. That way you can take it with you to the store.
  • wavyonewavyone Posts: 219Registered Users
    I believe that any cleanser that contains even coco betaine will remove the silicones (coco betaine is in a lot of low poos and is supposed to be more gentle than sulfates)
    2a or b, highlighted, fine hair but lots of it
    Modified CG since 6/11

Low Poo: CJ Daily Fix
    Co-Wash: DevaCurl No Poo
    Rinse Out: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner or Deva One C
    DT: CJ Rehab
    Stylers: Deva Heaven in Hair as a Leave-in, followed by Arc Angel
    SOTC: CJ CIAB
  • curvesncurlscurvesncurls Posts: 154Registered Users
    I use DevaCurl Low-poo and CJ Daily Fix. They both have coco betaine and they remove anything I put in my hair. I started using them before I used up all of my silicone filled pre-CG products and never had problems with buildup, even during the initial "adjustment period". The CJ DF is more like a cross between a low-poo and a conditioner, while the Devacurl has some lather to it. They're both wonderful and they both do an excellent job of cleansing my hair without stripping it.
    Southern WI curly ~ mostly 2b/c with 2a/b underlayer and a few 3a curls on top
    Low porosity, fine hair but LOTS of it!
    Loves protein. Dislikes butters and heavy oils.
    Working toward natural products and streamlining!!
    Current Loves: JCCC, Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner, AG Recoil, CK Coil Jam

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file