CurlTalk

hello! :)

curlyQcutie22curlyQcutie22 Posts: 151Registered Users
Hey everyone! So, my hair decided it was going to go curly on me around 15...well, before that I had waist length hair so I'm not sure if it was hiding in there all along! I foolishly decided to cut it and at one point it was just above my chin. I am currently trying to grow it out...its taking forever!

Anyway, I am pretty sure I'm a 3. I thought I had fine hair, but when i roll it between my fingers I can definitely feel it. Not to mention I shed everywhere and you can see it lol As for porosity... I am not sure what is meant by "your fingers catch on the hair"?

My hair recently has decided to rebel, and is NOT curling well at all. I used to live in Miami, and recently moved to Kentucky. I had hard water in Miami, so thats not a problem. I know the winter dried it out really bad.

I used to use Suave coconut shampoo and Regis Curl Lock and be fine. Now, neither work for me. Im so upset. I also would alternate in Dove Curl mousse. When I use conditioner, it weighs down my hair. My hair does best when it is squeaky clean...usually. Also, I tried CG and it made my hair very soft but it barely held a curl and I laid flat to my head. Help!

the first picture was one of the best curl days ever! the products i used then dont work anymore. the second was with nothing in my hair. the third was a while ago in Miami. the last is what it looks like now

Comments

• curlyQcutie22curlyQcutie22 Posts: 151Registered Users
    Can someone give me advice? :)
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    I will post a full reply and try to help with your questions when I'm home on a regular computer, but wanted say you have gorgeous hair. I know this forum can be slow at times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Iari78Iari78 Posts: 57Registered Users
    Maybe 3a? It looks very good! :)
  • UAE-CurlyUAE-Curly Posts: 8Registered Users
    woow very beautiful hair love the big curls
    yes i also think you're 3a
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    So much for getting to my laptop. I think the move has a lot to do with the change in your curls. There are a few good articles on dew points that will probably have ideas to help you. And I know CG doesn't work for everyone, but it might be worth looking into again. It sounds like you got over conditioned last time. To prevent that, I would rotate in a low-poo once or twice a week, and try adding some protein-rich products.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel