CG products for blow drying hair straight?

FrannieGoytFrannieGoyt Posts: 114Registered Users
I'm gonna be blow drying my hair straight soon I don't own a flat iron so im gonna use a blow drier and a round brush.... Any CG products and any tips in general will be super helpful! :D thanks

Comments

• beeduhbeeduh Posts: 684Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When I use to straighten my hair (before CG) I used a frizz cream or serum and a gel, normally Aussie instant freeze. Or a mousse. I was in love with the wave Aussie mousse. Anyway, I did not use a ton of hair product because once I straightened it I would leave it like that for a good three days before it started to look greasy. Every now and then I'd use a product that said it was a heat protectant, but I never worried about it. If I were to straighten my hair now I would use a humidity cream (EverSleek or PC,or maybe even SM thickening milk since my hair is thin.) and a gel like AIF, Biotera, PC, LALSG...I would probably get the generic heat protectant from Sally's too. I eye it just about every time I go in the store. I also have to use a straightener after I blow it straight. If I didn't, I'd have a serious fro. HTH.
    CG as of Feb. 2012
    combination hair.
    2c on top - low elasticity
    3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
    fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
    porosity: normal to high.
    loves protein and moisture.
    BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
    loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
  • FrannieGoytFrannieGoyt Posts: 114Registered Users
    Thank you :) . I have Aussie gel and a few mousses I'll try that and from wat I remember my hair blows out fairly straight.. Have u heard of using crisco?? I think I saw a forum about that but I'm not sure.. Sounds interesting...
  • jaclyn15jaclyn15 Posts: 227Registered Users
    Sally's has a GVP version of chi heat protector 44. Only $6 and CG friendly! Does have 1 drying alcohol but I dont use it often enough to worry about that.
    My hair: 3b, corkicelli, medium porosity, medium texture, medium/thick density

Co-wash: DevaCurl NoPoo
    Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Leave-in: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, or my rinse-out!
    Gel: SS FHG (my new HG!!)... I also like HESMU, AIF, CJ CQ, BRHG, CJ PP and the occasional LALSG

Dislikes: Glycerin

CG and loving it! :hello1:
    Great! Thanks I'll check that out :)
  • beeduhbeeduh Posts: 684Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I didn't like the GVP heat prtectant spray. It was too sticky and too much like hair spray for me. Waterlily716 has a video of how to straighten hair and she used some sort of serum. I think I will try the serum stuff the next time I decide to straighten.
    CG as of Feb. 2012
    combination hair.
    2c on top - low elasticity
    3a&b scattered underneath - normal elasticity.
    fine texture. thin density. A lot of it.
    porosity: normal to high.
    loves protein and moisture.
    BSACV as needed.

products may vary. i'm a PJ.
    loving Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks, and AS I Am.
    Straightened it.. It looked good but I'm not doing it again ( at least not anytime soon) looks much better curly :)
  • WavyshibbyWavyshibby Posts: 165Registered Users
    If you order from Curlmart, they have samples of Simply Smooth Magic Potion and the Calming Balm. Also, Loreal makes a silicone free hair serum. And Tresseme makes a heat protectant with amodimeticone, which can be removed with a sulfate free shampoo
    2c/3a, fine texture, normal porosity, medium-to-thick
    Co wash: Vo5 Extra Body
    Conditioners: Deva One Condition, GVP CB, Loreal Evercurl
    Stylers: Devacurl ArcAngel, KCCC, AG Recoil, Iso Bouncy Creme, Ecostyler Krystal, CCCCL, KCKT
    Low Poo: Devacurl NoPoo, GTTT
    Hair likes: plopping, diffusing, SMaster's, coconut and argan oil, honey, protein
    "What makes a woman unforgettable? Her mind...surrounded by lots of naturally curly hair"
  • ItsRainingCurlzItsRainingCurlz Posts: 114Registered Users
    This comes a little late, but last time i straightened my hair i used Curls' Blissful Lengths Kukinut Oil. OMG. This is amazing. It is CF friendly, abd my hair looked amazing! It smells very pretty, and it can also applied more frequently to promote growth(according to label :P) i really loved the results and am glad to have found a heat protectant that is cone free and works!
    3A Med texture, normal porosity and elasticity
    CG since August 2010 and loving it :wink:
    Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
    Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel

Loves me some VOLUME So no clumps here, Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file