CurlTalk

can you read this?

FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
this was on the bottom of an email I got today. kinda cool.

Don't delete this just because it looks weird. Believe it or not, you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?
[FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

Comments

• hayseedladyhayseedlady Posts: 646Registered Users
    Yes, I could.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I can, but I'd prefer not to! :)
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    Very easy. I've seen things like that before.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fhmiklos" class="Popup
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    This was just posted in the last month or two.

And yes, I can read it, but it slows my reading pace WAY down. Just because it can be read doesn't make it correct. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation guidelines are in place for a reason.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:

And yes, I can read it, but it slows my reading pace WAY down. Just because it can be read doesn't make it correct. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation guidelines are in place for a reason.

whoa there nelly, I wasn't advocating it as a way of life. just thought it was kind of cool how the brain works and all of that. I didn't know it had been posted before.

• CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    Teehee, she called you Nelly!

:lol:
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
  • KraytKrayt Posts: 765Registered Users
    I can read it just the same as I could over 5 years ago when I saw this.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I think GB posted this about a month ago.

I could read it.
    alright already, it's old news, I get it! :D I'm crawling under my rock now. :)

• GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    FreeCurls wrote:

What? Why?
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=93968&highlight=&PHPSESSID=a295a8159b71eb6534bb713918fe0450 :P
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
    FreeCurls wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, he's not the first one that's posted it either!
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    Well FC I haven't seen it before so your efforts weren't totally in vain. :P
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    CGE wrote:
    FreeCurls wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, he's not the first one that's posted it either!

woh ivtnied oyu nito tihs covnresaiton? :evil:
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
    I completely misssed that thread. funny thing though, on that thread someone also posted that it had already been posted before. I guess this paragraph brings the need to say 'we've already seen this' in folks! :)

poodlehead wrote in the other thread:
    I thought someone else posted something similar, oh, a while back, and the percentage was much higher, because the brain is capable of substituting the correct word, as long as it starts with the right letter.

I like this chick! :D

GuardianB wrote:
    CGE wrote:
    FreeCurls wrote:

woh ivtnied oyu nito tihs covnresaiton? :evil:

wtcah ti ro I wton tlle uyo aubot ym scepial tlnaet!
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    FreeCurls wrote:

I like this chick! :D

cool_shades.gif

*muah*
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    FreeCurls wrote:
    PartyHair wrote:

whoa there nelly, I wasn't advocating it as a way of life. just thought it was kind of cool how the brain works and all of that. I didn't know it had been posted before.

:lol:

Sorry. Threads about that paragraph are right up there with the "Have you had LASIK???" threads. ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users
    PH is a jelly hater.

*snicker*
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    PH is also obsessive about grammar I believe.

R U not PH// ;)

I could read it, and almost as easily as I can read anything normal. I do declare, I'm special.
    DPTFm5.png
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    Oh, yes, you are, Missy!
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"