Plopping during DT's

Jas76Jas76 Registered Users Posts: 2,283 Curl Neophyte
Just discovered this! On a whim I decided to throw some protein in my hair, let it sit for 5 mins, and then I just squeezed the excess out and put a DT over it. Then I scrunched in some clumps and curls, and plopped into a bag, and covered that with a winter cap. (a towel would do, too.). I left it on for an hour or so, though you could do longer.

I rinsed my hair gently, re-clumped and scrunched, and WOW!!! Curls a plenty!!!!

I'm pretty excited! Anyone else ever tried this??

I'm also considering and over-night plop with no gel, just to see how my curls react!
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing

Comments

• McfrizzyMcfrizzy Registered Users Posts: 406
    Glad it worked for you, i almost never put a PT and DT together but now im tempted to try. What did you use for the DT and PT? Was it on wet hair? ive always done DTs and such on dry hair. Thanks for the post!
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • Jas76Jas76 Registered Users Posts: 2,283 Curl Neophyte
    Well, I typically rinse my PT's first, too. I think it would work either way - I really think plopping it made a difference!

I used GFTN with some CNPF added in. Then a squeezed most of that put and put the DT right over it. (For the DT i used SM masque mixed with GVPCB, honey, and a little EVOO.) Then scrunch and plop, rinsed while holding the curls in with my hands, then re-scrunched and styled as usual!
    But I really think the plopping with the DT in made a difference! Let me know if you try it!

Seal - MO or Jojoba
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    And yes, it was on wet hair. I don't PT/DT on dry hair. I might do a pre-poo with coconut oil or a condish on the ends or something, but very rarely do I DT on dry hair. I have never PT'd dry hair! That sounds disastrous! At least on my hair! Haha

Seal - MO or Jojoba
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Thanks for the input and I definetly want to try this especially with the summer coming making my curls like a poof ball lol. I think I need to go shopping for hair care products soon. The plopping sounds interesting since I usually put my hair in a shower cap but I now want to try it wet with a plop. Also you mentioned scrunching, do you scrunch as your rinsing the products out or before hand? Thanks again!!

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
    When I squeezed my hair out, it was obviously wet but not dripping. I put a good amount of the DT on, scrunched in the curl, then plopped into the bag.

Do you ever plop? I plop after applying stylers and such every time I shower. This was the first time I tried it in a DT. I normally just pile it on my head or wrap it into a bun then put a bag over it. I think I will continue plopping during DT's - it really seemed to give me good results!

Seal - MO or Jojoba
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Oh! Ad I wasn't scrunching while rinsing, but I did sort of hold them in place as I rinsed the DT out. I have heard of people even using a hairnet when the rinse, but that seems difficult to me.

Seal - MO or Jojoba
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    O thanks I see what you mean, your idea seems great and hopefully I can get some good results for once

I hope it helps! It seemed to help my curl formation, and give me good clumps! Then when I plopped again afterwards they all stayed together without much problem!
    I love plopping. I find it has helped "train" the curl pattern to be more defined in general. (just as straightening or pulling it back tightly a lot used to train the curl pattern OUT of my hair.)

I wonder if plopping with protein does anything? If repairing those protein bonds while held in the curl does anything different? Idk.

Either way I had good results! Looking forward to trying it again to see if it's consistent!

Seal - MO or Jojoba
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    For your previous question, i also plop it really helps my curls too although ive never tried it with a DT but since it helps so much with styling it already sounds like it would really help. I usually plop overnight since i take a shower before i go to sleep :p and it helps preserve my curls but ive wanted to try plopping for maybe 20 mins instead to see if that would be better but i never have the time :p. I thinking plopping with a PT would help "set" the curls into clumps if that makes sense.I think thats what you said as well :P.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file