Daily Fix-how do YOU use it?

plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
I got some CJ samples from kathymack and Daily Fix was one I've been wanting to try for a while so I finally got some to try. I know you need to add water to help distribute, but I'm wondering how much should be used. So, if you use Daily Fix, how much are you using and how long is your hair? Any particular tips or tricks I should be aware of? I think that maybe I didn't use enough last night.

Thanks all!

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use maybe about 2 Tbsp for my hair (layered between SL and BSL, fine texture but thick density). I apply only to scalp and roots like a low-poo. I found that with cleansing conditioners and co-washes I have to be especially careful to get product around my hair line first and then work my way towards the crown. If you normally low-poo it's a very different feeling. It feels much closer to a co-wash, but cleanses better. HTH!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • wavyonewavyone Posts: 219Registered Users
    I remember that (just for the DF), the sample from Kathymack was not enough really to judge the Daily fix. I need to use a good amount and use a lot of water.
    2a or b, highlighted, fine hair but lots of it
    Modified CG since 6/11

Low Poo: CJ Daily Fix
    Co-Wash: DevaCurl No Poo
    Rinse Out: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner or Deva One C
    DT: CJ Rehab
    Stylers: Deva Heaven in Hair as a Leave-in, followed by Arc Angel
    SOTC: CJ CIAB
  • SegBSegB Posts: 692Registered Users
    My hair at its longest layer in the back, straight, reaches right to the top of my bra strap. When I use DF, I take about a nickel size, rub my hands togethers and smooth over my scalp and length of hair like I am making a ponytail almost. Then I take another nickel size, put my head under the shower briefly to add some water, and then rub the DF between my fingers this time, and concentrate on rubbing that into my scalp only, and then my length at the very end. Sometimes I add more water...This seems to distribute it well. Hope this helps.
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • NocurlB4babiesNocurlB4babies Posts: 179Registered Users
    I agree with the others that have posted. I use about 2-3 nickel sized dallops and put them all on scalp at the start and I really work it in. I also add water to get it more foamy and then work it down the length of hair. My hair is half way between chin and shoulder length, but I have a lot of hair. When I first started CG, I didn't like this product much. But, now that I know my hair better and have a routine, I am finding that I have great hair on days when I cleanse with DF. I think a lot has to do with it having protein (my hair loves protein).
    2b/3a fine/med-hi density/high porosity (I think)/ highlight-no silicones/sulfates
    Lo-poo - ABBA Gentle Shampoo/ Shea Moisture Curl & Shine
    Conditioner: GVCB (love it!)/ Regis OO
    Leave in
    : As I Am
    Co-Wash: Tresemme or DevaCurl NoPoo
    Stylers: As I Am Curling Jelly/GF Pure Clean/ LALCurl gel - all with BRHG added
    Style: scrunch/ diffuse, then air dry. I don't Have much frizz at all
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I got zero lather. I know it is more like a co-wash, but when I was testing Spiral Solutions cleanser, I'd distribute it, add some water, and I would get some lather, though not loads, and it felt slippery...the Daily Fix didn't. I'm going to wager that I didn't use enough and I didn't add enough water to it. I will try to use more the next time I wash.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've never gotten lather, but I was never expecting to (2 years DC No-Poo). I will definitely be thinking about this next time I use DF.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • wavyonewavyone Posts: 219Registered Users
    Once it's worked through my hair a bit, and it's time to add just a little more product and more water, I do get a little sudsing.
    2a or b, highlighted, fine hair but lots of it
    Modified CG since 6/11

Low Poo: CJ Daily Fix
    Co-Wash: DevaCurl No Poo
    Rinse Out: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner or Deva One C
    DT: CJ Rehab
    Stylers: Deva Heaven in Hair as a Leave-in, followed by Arc Angel
    SOTC: CJ CIAB
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I never got lather with it either. I would squirt some on my finger tips, get it wet and then massage it into my scalp and repeat a few more times. I never understood how people got lather!

I do get some lather when I use Jessicurl HCC. I'm not sure what makes that a no poo vs the GLS since they seem to work similarly on my hair!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Thanks all! I have tried using more and it is working better, though I don't like it as much as SS MCS. I wish that were available. I might have to try the GLS or the JCHCC.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file