Brazilian Blowout or other Keratin Treatments

ellejaeellejae Posts: 10Registered Users
I'm just wondering if any 3c's have down a brazilian blowout or anything keratin treatment. If so, did you like and would you do it again? Why or why not? Any input would help thanks!

Comments

• kpricesterkpricester Posts: 6Registered Users
    Hi! I tried the Brazilian Blowout last year, and I'd have to say I both liked and didn't like it. I could definitely feel a coating on my hair...it was not too noticeable, but made it a bit squeaky when i ran my hands over it wet if you know what I mean. I sometimes like to have my hair blow dried, and it was soooo much easier with the Brazilian Blowout! I usually have to go to a salon to have it done, and I was able to do it myself. I loved not having any frizz whether my hair was curly or straight. I could go out in the rain without having to bring a ponytail holder!

It did make my curls looser, but my stylist tells me that they could be even looser if she did it again, because she's figured out the technique that works for my hair. One woman at the salon does the treatments more frequently than recommended so that her hair dries wavy instead of 3c curly. The only thing I didn't really like, is that I felt like when the treatment was coming out of my hair, it pulled some of the cuticle off with it. My hair became pretty brittle and I had to have a lot of it cut off. I'm not sure if I will do it again...I am going to college next year and so I may because it will make my hair easier to manage, but I don't think it is a perfect solution.
  • BlackbanjogirlBlackbanjogirl Banned Posts: 227Banned Users
    I've used some of the Organix products, but not the actual smoothing treatments. They have a 30-day smoothing treatment and some other system for straightening. I've just used the s&C. I don't think they've done a thing in the way of straightening or controlling frizz. They're also quite drying. I'm afraid to do anything permanent or even any of the 30-day things. Not sure if the Brazilian blowout is permanent. Guess not if you said your stylist wants you to redo it. How long did your's last?
    "Your plan will have new or expanded coverage for the following services, drugs, and supplies for women, which will be paid 100% (note: by whom, is the question) when you visit a network provider:

-Prescription contraceptives and counseling for women
    -Counseling for sexually transmitted infections
    -Permanent surgical contraception (sterilization)"
    --Quoted from my Anthem insurance letter, October 25, 2012

Obama - for a woman's right to sterilize (esp when it becomes mandatory)!
  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
    Hair went from 3c to solid 3a, right now I'm a 3b with a few inches of 3c growing back in. I'm not doing any more treatments although it was fun while it lasted.

Kpricester hit the nail on the head when she said:

I both liked and didn't like it.

and

One woman at the salon does the treatments more frequently than recommended so that her hair dries wavy instead of 3c curly.

and

My hair became pretty brittle and I had to have a lot of it cut off.

and this lol

It will make my hair easier to manage, but I don't think it is a perfect solution.
    TYPE: 3C
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    High Density, Medium Porosity
    Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
    Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
    Doing what I want when I want!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file