Protein FREE & Silicone Free Conditioners? HELP

Valeriia.SuaValeriia.Sua Posts: 198Registered Users
Hi girls.

I know what you may be thinking... Geez another curly asking for recommendations... o well. lol this post might be helpful to you too. So as you may know, My beloved Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner has been reformulated and now containes 'cones:angryfire:. ugh!...Therefore I can use all the help I can get.

Im looking for a condtioner that I can detangle with that can be found on the ground. Preferably drugstore under $10. I am currently using Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine for cowashing (nice), but its a HUGE pain to detangle my 3c curls with.

Please post your reconmendations here..My hair and I thank you in advance.
My Blog --->http://Curls2Envy.com
198875_4013445726808_1954068923_n.jpg

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi girls.

I know what you may be thinking... Geez another curly asking for recommendations... o well. lol this post might be helpful to you too. So as you may know, My beloved Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner has been reformulated and now containes 'cones:angryfire:. ugh!...Therefore I can use all the help I can get.

Im looking for a condtioner that I can detangle with that can be found on the ground. Preferably drugstore under $10. I am currently using Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine for cowashing (nice), but its a HUGE pain to detangle my 3c curls with.

There's an entire thread dedicated to this very topic. I just picked up a new renpure organics argan conditioner that looks promising. I'm trying it tomorrow and will let you know how it works.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Valeriia.SuaValeriia.Sua Posts: 198Registered Users
    Corrina777 wrote: »
    Hi girls.

There's an entire thread dedicated to this very topic. I just picked up a new renpure organics argan conditioner that looks promising. I'm trying it tomorrow and will let you know how it works.

ok thank you. report back. lol:blob3:
    My Blog --->http://Curls2Envy.com
    198875_4013445726808_1954068923_n.jpg
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I liked it. Good slip, hair is feeling moisturized. Scent is pleasant but mild (or maybe that was just my allergies).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    GVP conditioning balm (Sally's), Yes to Cucumber/Carrots, Tresemme Naturals
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• frizzinflafrizzinfla Posts: 190Registered Users
    I agree with asianrunner! I use and love all of those products.

I tried the Renpure argan condish but the smell was unbearable to me.
  • edith.thurmaedith.thurma Posts: 1Registered Users
    It does have silicones in it! It is a more gentle one, but its still there! The renpure conditioner that it!

Amodimethicone
  • shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    The renpure conditioners are NOT CG friendly. They all have silicones in them now.
    I am protein sensitive and I have been liking the Desert Essence Fragrance Free conditioner, you can find it in most health food stores if you have any around where you live. I usually find it for $9 and some change, so it's not super cheap but it has been working for me. You can also try the Giovanni Ultra Moist Olive Oil and Avocado conditioner, you can find it at Target and some Walmarts, it's in a green tube, it's usually $8 to $9..just don't buy the shampoo that goes with it because the shampoo has a silicone in it, but the conditioner does not. I have also heard that the Juice Organics Smoothing conditioner is good, you can find it at Ulta for $10, they are usually located in the aisle that has the shea moisture hair products. I have not tried the Juice Organics one yet but I want to, I've read good reviews and I did not see any proteins in the ingredients list. There is also Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner that is also found in health food stores, I think that one runs a little more expensive though, I think it's $11 or $12.

I know what you are going through though, the Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioner used to be my holy grail but then they changed the formula a couple years ago and now it sucks, it's still silicone free but it's just not as good as it used to be, so I too, had to go searching for a replacement and it took a long time until I finally found something that worked for my hair. It was a pain! I've heard some people still like the new Tresemme Naturals formula, so you could give that a try too.

Just whatever you do keep your receipts, most stores will let you return conditioners that you don't like as long as they have only been used once and you have a receipt. Don't ever keep a product that doesn't work for you, always try to get you money back. Target, Walmart, and Ulta all allow you to return products that have only been used once with a receipt. A health food store in my area even let me return a conditioner that I did not like. Good luck! Hope you find something that works for you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file