CurlTalk

CG method and swimming pools

summer is coming up and i will be in the caribbean. that means lots of chlorine pools and salty beach water. I want to be on the beach daily or swim because its so hot but I don't know what to do about my hair. Will I have to use shampoo to remove the chlorine or will conditioner do it?

Comments

• craving_curlscraving_curls Posts: 44Registered Users
    I'm perfecting the art of procrastinating today and ran across a tip for you... Before hoping in the pool, wet your hair, cover it with a conditioner, braid/pony/whatever and then hop in. The conditioner helps protect it and keep it moisturized. I think there's a whole article somewhere. With light colored hair, wetting it before hand also helps keep the green away...
    CG since 3/2012, Medium Density, Low Elasticity, Porosity (?)
    3a/m/ii

Products loving my hair:
    Co-Wash/LI/RO: DC One Condition
    Gel: KCCC, BC Curl Enhancing Cream, DC AnGel

Moisture loving, oil and protein hating (though it tolerates some in products).
  • naturallychelseanaturallychelsea Posts: 100Registered Users
    thnx craving_curls I actually got that tip through google and plan on using it i'm just dreading the shampoo. since going cg my curls are popping and i fear that if i have to wash daily i'll go back to a frizz ball.
  • craving_curlscraving_curls Posts: 44Registered Users
    I hear you! I don't know if the condish would keep enough of the stuff off your hair so you don't have to shampoo. A low-poo might work, too. For deep cleaning, my stylist suggested leaving the deva no-poo on the entire hair (not just the scalp) for a few minutes. That seems to work, so it might work with the chlorine. It would be a shame to use shampoo at the same time the chlorine is drying the hair... I have co-washed (when I was trying it last summer) after swimming and it seemed to do ok, but that was once a week, not once a day!
    CG since 3/2012, Medium Density, Low Elasticity, Porosity (?)
    3a/m/ii

Products loving my hair:
    Co-Wash/LI/RO: DC One Condition
    Gel: KCCC, BC Curl Enhancing Cream, DC AnGel

Moisture loving, oil and protein hating (though it tolerates some in products).
  • naturallychelseanaturallychelsea Posts: 100Registered Users
    i think i will have to co wash inbetween then shampoo once a week just to get it all out with watered down shampoo and or no poo

thnx guys
  • Lotsa_TanglesLotsa_Tangles Posts: 128Registered Users
    I'll have your problem in a few weeks when I road trip to panama city beach. My plan is to use the Aubrey Organics Swimmer's Shampoo...I'm hoping it'll do the job!!
    The blog of a non-blogger: www.naturallytia.com