CurlTalk

vegetable glycerin?

What is the difference between glycerin and vegetable glycerin. I bought [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Awe-Inspiraling-Spray-p-102.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-awe-inspiraling-spray]Jessicurl Awe Inspiraling spray[/buylink] and just assumed it had all the right stuff for my hair. I checked the ingredients after I received it and it has vegetable glycerin! My hair doesn't like glycerin! Does anyone know the difference between them if there is any? Thanks.

Wendy
password: curly

Comments

• BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    mus2 wrote:
    What is the difference between glycerin and vegetable glycerin. I bought [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Awe-Inspiraling-Spray-p-102.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-awe-inspiraling-spray]Jessicurl Awe Inspiraling spray[/buylink] and just assumed it had all the right stuff for my hair. I checked the ingredients after I received it and it has vegetable glycerin! My hair doesn't like glycerin! Does anyone know the difference between them if there is any? Thanks.

Wendy

I had the same question and from the little bit of research I did, I found that glycerin is a by-product of soap making. Some soaps are made with animal fats. I would assume that vegetable glycerin is from a soap that is NOT made with animal fats, but with vegetable oils.

I am by no means the expert on this. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • mus2mus2 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Thanks for that answer Brio. Does anyone know if vegetable glycerin is better for the hair especially those that are sensitive to regular glycerin?
    password: curly