CurlTalk

Vicks Vaporizer as a Hair n Face Steamer

NaturalisticMeNaturalisticMe Posts: 117Registered Users
Lol yes just as it sounds... I just brought a vicks vaporizer yesterday so i can substitute it for a regular steamer.... I was thinking it might give me more of a steaming effect than using the towel method....

The ideal behind this is to allow this to steam up my bathroom like a regular steam room... I'm hoping it serves as a whole body detox and as for my skin and hair open my pores....

Its a Cheap alternative and hoping it is effective....

*Naturalistic Beauty*

Comments

• chicabellezachicabelleza Posts: 82Registered Users
    It should work, that's what I used before I got my humidifier. :)

Sent from my M886 using CurlTalk App
  • monababygirlmonababygirl Posts: 1Registered Users
    Did you try it? How was it? Did you use it to steam your hair?
  • lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users
    I'm not sure the other poster's here whill respond as I noticed this was from 2012, but I have a Vick's warm mist humidifier. I haven't done a full on steam treatment with leaving my head over the output area, but I do it every once in awhile. I usually don't move it from it's table so I have to hold my body in weird positions over it. With my hands, I love doing that, then applying lotion- it makes them feel so much softer and I feel like my skin stays more moisturized.

I hope that helps! Are you thinking about doing this?
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • anonymous_153995anonymous_153995 Posts: 271Banned Users
    Hmmmm this sounds interesting ive never heard of such a method but i wanna try it now. :-)

off topic: is anyone else's app showing a time that is 6 hours ahead of the actual time? Im in Texas US and the time is 9:32am but im lookin at a post that says it was posted today at 3:29am.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Lol I do the opposite. I have a qredew that I also use as a decongester with a flour sack.
  • anonymous_153995anonymous_153995 Posts: 271Banned Users
    oops i meant 3:29pm
  • lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users
    Banafrit- your time zone is set to greenwich time for England I think. Mine was at first but you can change it within your user control panel.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using CurlTalk App
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • frankie88frankie88 Posts: 106Registered Users
    I've been wanting to try this. Does it help?
    2a/2b, Medium Porosity, Medium Density, Lower Back Length, Growing out highlights.
    Shampoo: SMMR Conditioner: SMMR or Organix Keratin Oil Leave In: Organix Shea Butter DC: Coconut oil, Olive Oil, Jojoba oil mixed all together with v05 conditioner.
    “Imperfection is beauty.”
    ― Marilyn Monroe