CurlTalk

Jennifer Hudson-Tanika Ray Separated at Birth?

FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
Brad Pitt thinks so! :)
BEIJING, Jan. 23 -- Brad Pitt mistakenly congratulated a reporter
at the Golden Globe Awards, thinking she was Dreamgirls actress Jennifer Hudson.

Brad and Angelina Jolie, who met Extra TV presenter Tanika Ray at the awards ceremony just after Jennifer had been presented with the Globe for Best Supporting Actress, kissed Tanika on the cheek, exclaiming,"Congratulations!"

Tanika told the New York Post newspaper: "I assumed he was congratulating me on getting one of the only interviews with him and Angelina on the red carpet.

"But honestly, I didn't know why Brad Pitt kissed me on the cheek.

"It's Brad Pitt kissing me on the cheek! Honey, I could care less why."

Although the TV presenter is lighter skinned and more petite than Hudson it has been assumed that Brad's congratulatory kiss was due to a case of mistaken identity.

A representative for Brad said: "He is on location and we can't reach him for a comment."

Brad's high spirits could also be due to his new film Babel - in which he stars alongside Cate Blanchett - winning Best Film in the drama category on Monday night.

(Source: China Daily)

Tanika Ray
extra_tanikaray_240x260_030620061553.jpg

Jennifer hudson

americanidol_jennifer_215.gif
[FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

Comments

• CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    Side by side they don't look that much a like, but I can see where seperately you'd have to do a double take!
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    How embarrassing!
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow, the first woman has really beautiful hair. Anyway, I think they do look a little similar, just from those pics. I'm not really familiar with either one of them, though.
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    They really don't look alike at all!

We all know what we're thinking...but I'll just say it to be my usual tactless un-funny self...

I guess some white folks STILL think that black people all look alike! Even after adopting some black kid from Africa! Way to go!!!
    ;)
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    slinky1 wrote:

We all know what we're thinking...but I'll just say it to be my usual tactless un-funny self...

I guess some white folks STILL think that black people all look alike! Even after adopting some black kid from Africa! Way to go!!!

My thoughts exactly. Not much resemblance at all between them.... but then there isn't between myself and most of the people I get compared to, either.

But I don't think it is 100% that that is why Brad Pitt congratulated her... the timing of his kiss would make it seem so, but it's possible there was some other reason.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    That could be true. I just took the whole "Brad Pitt is really dumb" stereotype and ran with it.
    ;)
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    I actually think they DO look alike.
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    How embarassing :oops: :oops:

Jennifer hasn't even worn her hair like that in a while.

I'm guessing that he's never met JH because she's fairly tall like 5'9" or so.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    Meghuney wrote:

There are a lot of similarities between them. Like I said, side by side you can definitely tell them apart. But if they are seperate and you don't really know either one of them that well, I can see it happening.
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    They look very similar. I love JH hair in that picture, it's so spunky! :D
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    Jennifer has been sporting this look lately so she looks even less like Tankia though I can see a similarity between the first two pictures I posted.

e011533A.jpg

• SaKkehSaKkeh Posts: 986Registered Users
    slinky1 wrote:

what she said X 10
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    we should send jennifer one of these:
    090407W.jpg
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    on second thought...

prev87.jpg

• fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    they definitely look alike. i forgive you brad!
    Meghuney wrote:

Yep, exactly. In those pics, they resemble each other. I don't think all Black people look alike.

As I said, though, I haven't really seen many other pics of these women.
    I'm sorry...I think they DO look alike. It's the nose, cheeks....I mean, I totally see it.
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    Doesn't Taneka do a lot of red carpet/celeb interviews? I would think that Brad might have recognized her....

Oh well, she doen't seem too upset about it. Jennifer seems the type to let things roll off her back too.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Posts: 432Registered Users
    I like Taneka's hair!
    3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
  • MeganMegan Posts: 335Registered Users
    I can see how he could have gotten them mixed up, especially if he has only seen photos of Jennifer. They do look somewhat alike. I don't think bashing the poor white guy for being stupid is the right thing. That doesn't mean that he thinks all black people look alike. At least he was being friendly and not being a you-know-what. :? Give the guy a break. He tried.
  • amerasiancurlsamerasiancurls Posts: 168Registered Users
    Meghuney wrote:

me too.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    slinky1 wrote:

:roll: Are you serious? I get Patrick Swayze & Kurt Russell confused a lot. I must think that all white men look alike... I think it was just an honest mistake. I have done that before with customers at my parents' business. I'm sure he is so embarrassed.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • ShinyShiny Posts: 49Registered Users
    slinky1 wrote:

OK, now THIS was really funny! I kid you not, it was exactly what I was thinking. What a hoot!
    If two people who are states away from each other are thinking the same thing about a particular incident, there might be some truth to it. Just maybe.

Visit my luxury and food blog, Good Luck Deluxe. I update it daily!

www.GoodLuckDeluxe.com
    shelli wrote:
    slinky1 wrote:

:roll: Are you serious? I get Patrick Swayze & Kurt Russell confused a lot. I must think that all white men look alike... I think it was just an honest mistake. I have done that before with customers at my parents' business. I'm sure he is so embarrassed.

No, shelli..I hate to say it, but there are some people who really do think that all us Black folk look alike. I've actually had someone say that to me.

I was working somewhere with another Black girl. Well, apparently the other Black girl helped some woman and her husband. They saw me the next day and said "Hey...that paperwork you gave us wasn't the right stuff." I told them I had no clue what they were talking about but that I'd be glad to help. Finally, they mentioned that they had gotten the paperwork the previous day. I told them that it must have been the OTHER girl that worked there and the woman actually said to me, "Well, she was Black too...how was I supposed to know." Her husband laughed and they walked off. I just stood there with my jaw on the floor for a bit.

Welcome to Southeast Texas. I have shared PLENTY of worse stories, but this one just happened to pertain to the subject at hand. :wink:
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    That's happened to me TONS of times too, Meg. With people who have a WAY different complexion, body type, hair style....
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Meghuney wrote:
    shelli wrote:
    slinky1 wrote:

No, shelli..I hate to say it, but there are some people who really do think that all us Black folk look alike. I've actually had someone say that to me.

I was working somewhere with another Black girl. Well, apparently the other Black girl helped some woman and her husband. They saw me the next day and said "Hey...that paperwork you gave us wasn't the right stuff." I told them I had no clue what they were talking about but that I'd be glad to help. Finally, they mentioned that they had gotten the paperwork the previous day. I told them that it must have been the OTHER girl that worked there and the woman actually said to me, "Well, she was Black too...how was I supposed to know." Her husband laughed and they walked off. I just stood there with my jaw on the floor for a bit.

Welcome to Southeast Texas. I have shared PLENTY of worse stories, but this one just happened to pertain to the subject at hand. :wink:

Yeah, but in this case, these two women really do look alike, at least to me.
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    Oh, I can definately see the resemblence.

And, we can quit with the racism issue. After all, go check out the americal idol thread. Most of all think that the Carol lady was the spittin image of Joan Collins.......I'm still not convinced they aren't one :wink: Many people can look similar, reguardless of the color of their skin.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    2happy wrote:
    Oh, I can definately see the resemblence.

And, we can quit with the racism issue. After all, go check out the americal idol thread. Most of all think that the Carol lady was the spittin image of Joan Collins.......I'm still not convinced they aren't one :wink: Many people can look similar, reguardless of the color of their skin.

Haha, I had two friends tell me that I lookd just like Lisa from last year's Idol.

(She is black, I am white!)
  • redheadfullofcurlsredheadfullofcurls Posts: 409Registered Users
    FreeCurls wrote:
    Brad Pitt thinks so! :)
    BEIJING, Jan. 23 -- Brad Pitt mistakenly congratulated a reporter
    at the Golden Globe Awards, thinking she was Dreamgirls actress Jennifer Hudson.

Brad and Angelina Jolie, who met Extra TV presenter Tanika Ray at the awards ceremony just after Jennifer had been presented with the Globe for Best Supporting Actress, kissed Tanika on the cheek, exclaiming,"Congratulations!"

Tanika told the New York Post newspaper: "I assumed he was congratulating me on getting one of the only interviews with him and Angelina on the red carpet.

"But honestly, I didn't know why Brad Pitt kissed me on the cheek.

"It's Brad Pitt kissing me on the cheek! Honey, I could care less why."

Although the TV presenter is lighter skinned and more petite than Hudson it has been assumed that Brad's congratulatory kiss was due to a case of mistaken identity.

A representative for Brad said: "He is on location and we can't reach him for a comment."

Brad's high spirits could also be due to his new film Babel - in which he stars alongside Cate Blanchett - winning Best Film in the drama category on Monday night.

(Source: China Daily)

Tanika Ray
    extra_tanikaray_240x260_030620061553.jpg

Jennifer hudson

americanidol_jennifer_215.gif
    The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.
    Oscar Wilde
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    This is what they looked like the night of the Golden Globes. There is no resemblance here to me even though they favor each other. Short curly hair vs. Long wavy hair, dresses, and complexion.

pitt_oops_7.jpg
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL