Finally got a routine and a signature!!

Mec1976Mec1976 Posts: 210Registered Users
So I finally have a routine - not only is my hair looking the best it has in years, I'm also getting consistent results!! I am so excited - I even established a signature to brag - lol :)

(the hubby even noticed!!!)

a6cd8df4-1c8e-ccfd.jpg

a6cd8df4-1cd8-10a7.jpg

Please excuse the ends - I need a hair cut :P
Finally have a routine that works :toothy5:

Low Poo - 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Shampoo
Co-Wash - V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner
RO - Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Cure Care, GVPCB
LI - KCNT
Stylers - GF Pure Clean Gel, BTZ Noodle Head, LA Looks Sports Gel, Eco Styler Krystal, KCCC (I am a product junkie ;-) )

Wash at night, add products, plop in a t-shirt overnight, then diffuse in the morning!! It is great finally getting to sleep in :sleepy2:

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hooray!! Your hair is looking fantastic! Isn't it a great feeling when it finally all starts working like it's supposed to? :toothy10:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Tripgirl3aTripgirl3a Posts: 201Registered Users
    What is your routiene? And hair type prosity and all that good stuff? Ps sorry for the typos:)
  • Mec1976Mec1976 Posts: 210Registered Users
    Corrina777 wrote: »
    Hooray!! Your hair is looking fantastic! Isn't it a great feeling when it finally all starts working like it's supposed to? :toothy10:

Definitely!! I was so close to giving up because I hit a point where nothing was working :( but then all of a sudden everything fell in place :)

I still have a lot of damage from years of straightening & coloring, so I'm hoping it will just keep getting better :)

Oh and i quit coloring too!! Letting my grays shine :toothy10:

LI - KCNT
    Stylers - GF Pure Clean Gel, BTZ Noodle Head, LA Looks Sports Gel, Eco Styler Krystal, KCCC (I am a product junkie ;-) )

Wash at night, add products, plop in a t-shirt overnight, then diffuse in the morning!! It is great finally getting to sleep in :sleepy2:
    Tripgirl3a wrote: »
    What is your routiene? And hair type prosity and all that good stuff? Ps sorry for the typos:)

I'm not a 100% sure, but I think I am high porosity, fine hairs, and normal density. I have damage from coloring and straightening.

I'm a bit of a mad scientist, so I tend to try tons of combos ... But right now I low poo about once a week with coloresse. Then I put a palmful of the cure care condish, let it sit about 3 mins. I followup with a bit of GVPCB & GFTN (old formula) to get rid of the tangles. Then rinse with cool water.

I use KCKT as my leave in and follow with some KCCC as a curl enhancer. I top that with a mix of GF Pure Clean & FSG. I plop overnight with a long sleeve shirt. In the morning my hair is still damp so I add a pea size blob of BRHG mixed with FSG to thin it and make it easier to distribute ... Then diffuse. If it is crunchy I just SOTC :)

My hair is so shiny now it sometimes looks wet!! Plus almost no frizz!! I think that the fsg is helping a ton!!

I used to do IAgirls PT once a week, but I think the Cure Care is providing enough protein :)

HTH

LI - KCNT

• hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    Beautiful results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
  • FlipnwavyFlipnwavy Posts: 24Registered Users
    Good for you Mec! I am still working on finding a wash-at-night, sleep-in-the-next-day hair routine, but I am glad you found one and your hair looks great! I too love mixing GFTN with GVPCB for great slip!
    2C, Medium Density, Coarse--so I am assuming I am Low Porosity

Low-poo: Queen Helene's Mint Julep mixed with Tresemme Naturals NM Condish, Trader Joe's Refresh
    Co-wash: VO5 HE Clarifying Condish Kiwi Lime, Tresemme Naturals NM Condish
    RO/LI: GFTN mixed with GVPCB, Tresemme Naturals NM Condish
    Stylers: Sally's Biotera Firm Hold Styling Gel, LALooks Sport Gel
    DT: Pre-poo with honey and coconut oil, low poo, ACV rinse, Sally's GVPCB mixed with GFTN
    Thanks everyone!! I've come a long way in 6 months ... My hair was so frizzy & fly away before. Usually wore it up in a twist or ponytail (even after going thru the trouble of flat ironing it!!)

LI - KCNT

• FlipnwavyFlipnwavy Posts: 24Registered Users
    Mec, I tried this and it worked wonders for my hair! Still getting used to plopping for the night, but not only is it a time-saver, but my hair has great clumps! Thanks for sharing!
    2C, Medium Density, Coarse--so I am assuming I am Low Porosity

Low-poo: Queen Helene's Mint Julep mixed with Tresemme Naturals NM Condish, Trader Joe's Refresh
    Co-wash: VO5 HE Clarifying Condish Kiwi Lime, Tresemme Naturals NM Condish
    RO/LI: GFTN mixed with GVPCB, Tresemme Naturals NM Condish
    Stylers: Sally's Biotera Firm Hold Styling Gel, LALooks Sport Gel
    DT: Pre-poo with honey and coconut oil, low poo, ACV rinse, Sally's GVPCB mixed with GFTN
    Flipnwavy wrote: »
    Mec, I tried this and it worked wonders for my hair! Still getting used to plopping for the night, but not only is it a time-saver, but my hair has great clumps! Thanks for sharing!

Yay!!! I'm so glad it is working for you. Your avatar pic looks great!!!

Not sure if this helps, but I had trouble getting the plop shirt to stay put - but then switched to a long sleeve shirt. So much better - stays put all night.

LI - KCNT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file