Tightly curly

allnaturalchickallnaturalchick Posts: 201Registered Users
So after reading about ppl doing the tightly curly method I decided to give it try. Certain methods that ppl use tends to never work in my favor BUT this method was a hit. Awesome results !!!! I love this forum

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yay! :mrgreen: Glad it works for you. I am basically a tightly curly and mostly CG girl all the way and have been for a long while now. The only thing I don't do is smooth down each and every curl.. I don't have that kinda free time.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • tots5678tots5678 Posts: 472Registered Users
    I have been doing the tightly curly method along with my CG method for a while now & love the results. The curl definition is awesome! Can't see myself going without it now!

Do either of you have the book? I want to read the book.

Can't wait to see pics!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • allnaturalchickallnaturalchick Posts: 201Registered Users
    I don't have the book ;-( but it's on my to do list .... And it is a very lengthy process !!!!
    Nope, don't have the book.. most of the info is already on her website.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
    That is what I have been following... Her website & YouTube videos but I hear the book has lots more info.

I use the separation method she uses in the videos. Takes what seems like forever (2hrs.) but it has been worth it!

@allnaturalchick

Did I mention I can't wait for pics? Lol!

Separation method to detangle? I haven't checked her site in a long while...
    I hope I'm saying that right but here is one of her YouTube videos that explain what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5vlcFgt0h0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• triple_spiraltriple_spiral Posts: 249Registered Users
    I remember reading about this a year ago and thinking......way too time consuming! But I was still obsessed with the before-after pics on her website. But I have a couple of questions for those of you who do this:

1) Do you use any gel at all, or just conditioner?
    2) How long does it last before you have to wash/restyle it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4a?? Maybe 3c...some 4b??? No clue

tiny s-waves, coils, and spirals

- Cleanser: CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
    - Co-wash: Suave Naturals or V05
    - RO: GVP Conditioning Balm or Tresemme Naturals
    -Stylers: Garnier Pure Clean Gel, CJ Aloe Fix, KCCC

"I remember your childhood hair....flowin' wild at the county fair" - kelley stoltz

"and all the hours that you've been sitting at your vanity....may they carry you far from your misery" - conor oberst
    tots5678 wrote: »
    I hope I'm saying that right but here is one of her YouTube videos that explain what I mean:

Defining Your Curls - YouTube

Oh I see.. I guess if my hair were ever to get that long I could do that.
    I remember reading about this a year ago and thinking......way too time consuming! But I was still obsessed with the before-after pics on her website. But I have a couple of questions for those of you who do this:

1) Do you use any gel at all, or just conditioner?
    2) How long does it last before you have to wash/restyle it?

To answer your questions, for me:

1. Conditioner and oil are the main products I use. My hair hates gel because it's too drying and it causes my strands to break. I never use gel. And..

2. I can get 2-4 days out of this method. I just make sure I put my hair up at night and refresh in the morning with some water and a dab of conditioner to fix any flyaways. Towards the 4-day mark it's usually time to soak my hair and co-wash again.
    @Bekkapoo

My hair is considerably shorter than yours. I tried it just to see & it really defined my curls. So, I know as my hair grows longer it will be even better!

It is time consuming but with it for me.

@triple_spiral

Same for me.... I don't use gel only the conditioner. If I were to recommend a gel perhaps the Aloe Very Gel by Fruit of the Earth sold at Walmart for like $3-4.

For me I use the same technique of re-wetting & adding conditioner to refresh. I believe I could get 5 days out of it. However, I usually wash by day 3 because of dance/workout & sweating. I have worn it for 4 days before.

@ tots5678

Pics will be coming soon !!!!! My phone crashed and I lost allot pics but I'll be doing it this weekend ;-) ...your hair is gorgeous tho !!!!
    @allnaturalchick

Thank you!!

62c92509-5069-30ce.jpg
    The beginning
    62c92509-508a-3de0.jpg
    All done .... 1 hour
    62c92509-50b6-bdc4.jpg
    Top view
    @allnaturalchick

OMG!!! Your curls are beautiful!! Love it!

How are you liking the tightly curly method?

I love the look of the curls but the shrinkage ridiculous, I will do did it if I have somewhere special to go the next day, I like to take the Afro pick and lift my roots to give it that full look and I love the look of the curls on top. a6934c2f-8bf0-8639.jpg
    I still run the condition in my hair and just fluff my hair with my fingers
  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
    Absolutely gorgeous delicious curls anc!!
    TYPE: 3C
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    High Density, Medium Porosity
    Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
    Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
    Doing what I want when I want!
    Very cute Allnaturalchick.. :smile:
    Thanks guys
  • jjac401jjac401 Posts: 4Registered Users
    WOW - your curls are beautiful. I think I'll stop being lazy and do this method soon.
    My curls a couple hours after
    co-washing, detangling & using the tightly curly separation method:

• BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Everyone's hair responds so well to the TC method. I just think conditioner isn't heavy enough for my hair. Suuuuucks....

Jen :D

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
    Everyone's hair responds so well to the TC method. I just think conditioner isn't heavy enough for my hair. Suuuuucks....

����Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. ����

FroZen

Maybe you can try this method with a thicker conditioner such as a deep conditioner.
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    BekkaPoo wrote: »

í ½í¸œí ¼í½¸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. í ½í¸œí ¼í½¸

FroZen

Maybe you can try this method with a thicker conditioner such as a deep conditioner.

Might work. I'll try again eventually. The other thing that makes me panic is its always so WHITE! LoL!

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I just ordered this book off amazon. I already have the CG book, and think that this may be a good addition. The author is 3C, but hopefully this will work on my 4A parts.

@BekkaPoo I've been using Gel for my wash and gos, and the GEL is KILLING my hair. It always feels so dry afterwards. What is your conditioner/oil ratio? What type of oil do you use?
    Raizal, I have never measured my oil to conditioner ratio, so I can't give you an exact amount. What I did was pour a healthy 3-second pour of grapeseed oil into my liter bottle of conditioner. I would imagine that's about 3 oz of oil (give or take) to a liter of conditioner. I also sometimes just mix a handful of conditioner and oil together in my hands.. it's not really something exact.
  • elenaaelenaa Posts: 190Registered Users
    i lovee this method!!!
    glad you like it too i usually have time to go through every strand
    plus my hair is still on the short side
  • afrodominican1afrodominican1 Posts: 650Registered Users
    I have tried this method with conditioner and at the end of the day my hair is dull and blah. But lately I have been itching to try it with the olive oil eco styler gel. That is my favorite gel! If I get the time and courage I will let you know how it went.
    BC: 2/16/08
    Second BC: 12/22/10
    Dreads!!! 2/16/2014
    Third BC:3/22/16
    Goal Length: waist length

Princess Tiara, Guardian of the Crystal Heart of the Indigo Seas, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    So I got I book and just finished reading it. The majority of her book reinforced stuff that I knew already, and the important stuff was already on her website, so the book is not worth it.

The doodling method seems really, really, painstakingly long. However, in her book she does show 4a and the results are dramatic, so I'm tempting to try. I think I'll try it this Saturday.

I'm really frustrated with my hair and tempted to big chop the hair dye for short cut, but maybe a trim and TC method will help me resist the urge to chop for few months.

Tots, how long did it take you to doodle your hair?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file