Heat Cap that looks like a shower cap...?

CocoTCocoT Registered Users Posts: 5,330
My hair therapy wrap is dead and gone. The gel inserts burst and burned so they're no longer usable. I had that cap for almost 2 years I think. Maybe more. So now I'm in the market for a new one, but I'd like to take a look at some various options before I go back to the hair therapy wrap. I really hate that you can't purchase the gel inserts anymore.

Anyways, I remember a while ago, on Youtube, I saw this heat cap that looked like a shower cap. It was different than the typical heat caps I've seen. It may have had gel, but I think it had beads that hold heat. I can't remember, but I can't seem to locate it on the web and I'm getting frustrated with looking.lol

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
11.gif
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG

Comments

• CurvyCurlyCurvyCurly Registered Users Posts: 442
    Hey CocoT - this was the only one I could find and it's used more for "setting" hair on rollers. Microwave it for 1-2 minutes and the steam helps set the curls. Not for deep conditioning but it definitely looks like the shower cap you spoke of. If you find one for deep conditioning please post here 'cause my Hair Therapy Wrap is on it's last leg!

31kpy69Dp5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Heat Cap

by Microwaves Corporation

List Price:$49.95Price:$46.95 Deal Price: You Save:$3.00 (6%) o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Product Features
    • Set hair dry on any kind of standard hair curlers. Works on ALL HAIR TYPES.
    • Beautiful styles in less time with NO DAMAGE
    • Faster than a curling iron or hot rollers
    • Hands free usage frees you up to do your make up, get yourself ready
    • High quality materials last virtually forever, through thousands of uses.
    (Current Rotation) Shampoo: Trader Joe's TTT, Terressentials, Elucence, Curl Junkie Daily Fix Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Leave-in/Moisturizer: Qhemet's BRBC Gel: Tresemme Oils: Grapeseed, jojoba, evoo, sweet almond, castor....BIG CHOPPED AGAIN!
  • CocoTCocoT Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    No that's definitely not it. It was cheaper. But that does look like what I'm looking for. Thanks for trying to help though!

Ugh I may just have to suck it up and get another hair therapy wrap.
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    CocoT wrote: »
    No that's definitely not it. It was cheaper. But that does look like what I'm looking for. Thanks for trying to help though!

Are the gel packs not available anymore? One of my side packs is filled with air and is close to popping anytime now.
    (Current Rotation) Shampoo: Trader Joe's TTT, Terressentials, Elucence, Curl Junkie Daily Fix Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Leave-in/Moisturizer: Qhemet's BRBC Gel: Tresemme Oils: Grapeseed, jojoba, evoo, sweet almond, castor....BIG CHOPPED AGAIN!
    CurvyCurly wrote: »

Are the gel packs not available anymore? One of my side packs is filled with air and is close to popping anytime now.
    I haven't found any online :(

Curlmart used to sell them but not anymore
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
  • empressriempressri Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »
    OMG YES!!! When I posted this I was thinking about a video you did but I couldn't find it because I couldn't remember the name of the product. Thanks!

I hope they start selling them soon.

ETA: I mean I hope they open up soon. Everything is out of stock now
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Registered Users Posts: 2,748 Curl Novice
    Well now damn this looks interesting, I do not like my wrap thingy, I'm afraid ill burst the packets so I've used it only a few times.

vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
    empressri wrote: »

BAAAMMM! Oooh I want one. Hate their out of stock. I'll try to contact the company and see if they respond with a possible restocking date :thumbleft:

Thanks Empressri!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Let us know what you find out about restocking! I like the look of that one.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Registered Users Posts: 1,578 Curl Neophyte
    Oooh, these look interesting! I sometimes use a damp, microwaved towel, but it gets cold in minutes!
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
    I sent her a message on Etsy (she is really sweet too) and she said she should be restocked towards the end of April beginning of May.

Thanks for introducing this, it looks like it may be what I need, plus they are so cute.

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

@PlatinumPJ
    I sent her a message on Etsy (she is really sweet too) and she said she should be restocked towards the end of April beginning of May.

Thanks for introducing this, it looks like it may be what I need, plus they are so cute.

I just got a message from her too! I forgot to post it. Thanks for reminding me/informing us!
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein

I just got a message from her too! I forgot to post it. Thanks for reminding me/informing us!

Well I'm glad you and CK got replies because I sent an email to the address on the actual website not Etsy two weeks ago and didn't get a response. I'll go thru her Etsy from now on;).

End of April beginning of May is good news 'cause my Hair Therapy is almost capput!

Well I'm glad you and CK got replies because I sent an email to the address on the actual website not Etsy two weeks ago and didn't get a response. I'll go thru her Etsy from now on;).

End of April beginning of May is good news 'cause my Hair Therapy is almost capput!
    I went through the website. She took a little while to respond to me though.

I'm kind of sad though because I had already purchased a hair therapy wrap by the time she responded to me. I sill want to get me one of these caps though.
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein

I went through the website. She took a little while to respond to me though.

I'm kind of sad though because I had already purchased a hair therapy wrap by the time she responded to me. I sill want to get me one of these caps though.

Dang I'm sorry y'all, she responded to me over a week ago...I kept forgetting to post it.

@PlatinumPJ
    Me too! I even had already deleted the message so I wouldn't have remembered if if weren't for you.lol!

No worries.
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    Me too! I even had already deleted the message so I wouldn't have remembered if if weren't for you.lol!

No worries.

Lol, she is going to let me know when she is restocked and I definitely post it......AFTER I place my order lol

@PlatinumPJ

No worries.

Lol, she is going to let me know when she is restocked and I definitely post it......AFTER I place my order lol

Thanks!

No worries.

Thanks!

JUST A LITTLE REMINDER FOR CK AND COCO :wave:

Thanks!

JUST A LITTLE REMINDER FOR CK AND COCO :wave:

Thanks, I've been stalking her Etsy shop for over a month now but I'm no quitter.

...tell PETA my mink is dragging on the floor...

@PlatinumPJ
    There are some available for purchase on her etsy shop now! Hot Head thermal hair care HEAT CAPS by hothead123 on Etsy
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    There are some available for purchase on her etsy shop now! Hot Head thermal hair care HEAT CAPS by hothead123 on Etsy

Thanks Coco, order has been placed. She mentioned a new line of caps she is working on, I wonder what she will change.

@PlatinumPJ

Thanks Coco, order has been placed. She mentioned a new line of caps she is working on, I wonder what she will change.

Thanks CocoT! I just placed on order also. In her email she mentioned working on a new shampoo, conditioner, and plastic caps as a package deal for her new line but it's gonna be a while until those products are ready.

Glad Sandra decided to restock the regular caps until then 'cause my Hair Therapy Wrap is two steps from the trash............
    Got my cap today, it is sooo cute. I'm just sitting here with it on.

uploadfromtaptalk1336427131351.jpg

@PlatinumPJ
  • Naturalbeauty81Naturalbeauty81 Registered Users Posts: 108
    Wow!!! I want one.
    Naturally beautiful, Naturally me :angel11:

www.singleladycookz.blogpsot.com

How do you think it compares to the hair therapy wrap?
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein

Got mine today too. I bought the same one!
  • NaturalfinallyNaturalfinally Registered Users Posts: 516
    Ordered one today. Now they are down to three!!!
    BC'ed - Jan 09
    Hair Type: 4A-3C Crown
    Hair Texture: Fine, Thin
    Hair Density: Medium - Thin Crown
    Porosity: Low
    Co-wash: Sauve Coconut and/or Clarifying, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
    Leave-In: GDLI, YTCLI, KBB, KCNT
    Moisturizers: QBRBC, KBB, Glycerin, SMCS,SMDM
    DT: AOGPB, AOBGA, GEPT, TJNS, YTC, Henna, Alma, Brahmi, Maka, Tulsi, Kalpori
    Sealant: EVOO, Jojoba, Grapeseed, JBCO, Herbal Oil - Hesh Herbal Oils

** Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.*** :angel11:

I like it much better than the hair therapy wrap. First let me say my I was never able to get the gel packs back into the pockets properly before they cooled off....so I would just heat them in the wrap and barely get it hot because I was always afraid it would burst.
    This is not gel filled which imo is great. It has some type of seeds or peebles inside. I heated up the cap just to see and it was so easy. I hit the min button and it was nice and warm (not hot) for a timed 33 min when it finally cooled at the 45min mark. The size is pretty good, I can see it being a problem for a mega thick, mega long haired lady. I think it would hold Elle's hair just fine...anything more maybe not. Very sturdy and well made. Lastly, it is much cuter than the helmet heat therapy wrap

@PlatinumPJ
  • NaturalfinallyNaturalfinally Registered Users Posts: 516

I like it much better than the hair therapy wrap. First let me say my I was never able to get the gel packs back into the pockets properly before they cooled off....so I would just heat them in the wrap and barely get it hot because I was always afraid it would burst.
    This is not gel filled which imo is great. It has some type of seeds or peebles inside. I heated up the cap just to see and it was so easy. I hit the min button and it was nice and warm (not hot) for a timed 33 min when it finally cooled at the 45min mark. The size is pretty good, I can see it being a problem for a mega thick, mega long haired lady. I think it would hold Elle's hair just fine...anything more maybe not. Very sturdy and well made. Lastly, it is much cuter than the helmet heat therapy wrap

The heat therapy wrap had a cold spot in the back where you twist the tie to hold it. Does the hot head have spots the don't actually get any heat, like the edges? I ordered one anyway because it looked like it would cover more of the head surface. Tia.
    BC'ed - Jan 09
    Hair Type: 4A-3C Crown
    Hair Texture: Fine, Thin
    Hair Density: Medium - Thin Crown
    Porosity: Low
    Co-wash: Sauve Coconut and/or Clarifying, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
    Leave-In: GDLI, YTCLI, KBB, KCNT
    Moisturizers: QBRBC, KBB, Glycerin, SMCS,SMDM
    DT: AOGPB, AOBGA, GEPT, TJNS, YTC, Henna, Alma, Brahmi, Maka, Tulsi, Kalpori
    Sealant: EVOO, Jojoba, Grapeseed, JBCO, Herbal Oil - Hesh Herbal Oils

** Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.*** :angel11:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file