CurlTalk

What is your curl type?

:)
3 b/c curls with bangs.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• modegrrlmodegrrl Posts: 273Registered Users
    Looks like the incoherents are the majority, as I suspected.
    "For many years the National Pretend Speed Limit was fifty-five miles per hour"--Dave Barry

PW: frizzella
  • JayJaeJayJae Posts: 11Registered Users
    Awww, there's no wavy/straight combo....'cuz that would be me. =T
    straight & wavy, thick & coarse
  • rubyloxxrubyloxx Posts: 88Registered Users
    JayJae wrote:
    Awww, there's no wavy/straight combo....'cuz that would be me. =T

Aww sorry! I would edit it to add it if I could
    3 b/c curls with bangs.
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    I voted for frizz because my hair is damaged. Also there was no choice for 2A/3A/3B.
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I voted for frizz because my hair is damaged. Also there was no choice for 2A/3A/3B.
    That'd be wavy/curly combo, wouldn't it?

Modegrrl, you confused me. Where does it say incoherent? I see a curly combo as the majority right now, so I'm wondering what it was when you made that statement?
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • mtcurlmtcurl Posts: 11Registered Users
    This is a great post/poll. I've been thinking about this lately. According to Andre, the hair-typing guy, hair like Yasmin Ghouri's (sp?) is rare, but from my experience here on the board we seem like a pretty large percentage of curlies. This would include incoherents, wavy/curlies, and combination 2/3a, and maybe those with a tiny bit of 3b somewhere. It really seems a pretty common hair type for those of european heritage, but it's also fairly easy to dry straight, so the reality of the curl may not be so readily apparent to the casual observer.

I hope you get lots of replies!
    2b/3a shoulder length hennaed curls
    CG off and on since March 2002
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    mtcurl

who's Andre? And exactly which type of hair is rare, in his opinion.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
    curlylaura-

Here's the link /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturallycurly2.com%2Fcurl411%2Ftypes.php" class="Popup

Hope this works. If not, just copy and paste.[/url]
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I'm still trying to figure out what you're referring to as "incoherent". I don't see it defined on the curl typing page!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
    Incoherent is OutOfControl's (or michellelawyer) contribution to the curly world. So many of us are in the inbetween world of 2/3a, wavy/curly that she thought we should have our own, take-control terminology. Many of us have embraced the term, and it has become a nc.com staple. So, incoherent hair is neither just wavy or strictly curly. We go both ways, :lol: at least our hair does!
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    mtcurl wrote:
    This is a great post/poll. I've been thinking about this lately. According to Andre, the hair-typing guy, hair like Yasmin Ghouri's (sp?) is rare, but from my experience here on the board we seem like a pretty large percentage of curlies. This would include incoherents, wavy/curlies, and combination 2/3a, and maybe those with a tiny bit of 3b somewhere. It really seems a pretty common hair type for those of european heritage, but it's also fairly easy to dry straight, so the reality of the curl may not be so readily apparent to the casual observer.

I hope you get lots of replies!
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    Thanks for the link. Is his book any good? Still wondering which hair type he considers to be rare.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • AfroSheenAfroSheen Posts: 16Registered Users
    Ok,well now Im confused.Am I a 3b or 3c, or a 3b with some 3c in there somewhere? :headscratch:headscratch.gif In Andres breakdown of the hair types he describes 3b curls as follows, "3B is like sidewalk chalk or salt shaker circumference".Um,my curls arent that big,theyre tighter than that,well most of them anyway.Then he says,"3C has really really tight curls, like pencil or straw circumference" and thats how some of my curls are.The majority of my curls are tight,like a Rub-A-Dub marker circumference...much tighter than sidewalk chalk curls but not as tight as pencil curls.I guess Im both then.... :?
    Hair type-3b,brunette
    Length-Midback when wet
    Shampoo-Nioxin
    Conditioner-Pantene Relaxed & Natural Intensive Moisturizing
    bump
  • CurlyTiffCurlyTiff Posts: 4Registered Users
    Long brownish/ black 3 b/c.
  • rubyloxxrubyloxx Posts: 88Registered Users
    mtcurl wrote:
    Incoherent is OutOfControl's (or michellelawyer) contribution to the curly world. So many of us are in the inbetween world of 2/3a, wavy/curly that she thought we should have our own, take-control terminology. Many of us have embraced the term, and it has become a nc.com staple. So, incoherent hair is neither just wavy or strictly curly. We go both ways, :lol: at least our hair does!

Has Michelle been posting lately? I havent seen any of her threads... I have been wondering what shes been up to with her hair these days.
    3 b/c curls with bangs.