Face Steamer.. Say bye bye to acne

I need to start a beauty challenge with my self because lately i have been slacking off with doing weekly facials like i use too.... So i decided that tomorrow i was going to buy a face steamer...i heard that it was really good when you want to beautify your skin... I'm all for looking young and sexy.... Hopefully i don't get robbed tomorrow with the cost of a good quality face steamer...

Any one ever used a face steamer to help with acne? What brand? PRICE?

*Naturalistic Beauty*

Comments

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i havent self got one, but my old beauty therapist used one on my face all the time, it worked great!!! she would use it after cleaning my face, (i had bad acne as well!) it really opens the pores and lets the mask or what ever else get deep in the skin. make sure that you splash your face with cold water after to close the pores again.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Be careful, especially if you're fair skinned - steam can cause new and aggravate existing broken capillaries.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • NaturalisticMeNaturalisticMe Posts: 117Registered Users
    Yea that's true but i never wash my face prior to steaming.... I add my oil (castor oil) then i steam..... Then wash it off.... I Always splash it with cold water afterwards but i got support lazy lately....
    It did really help with acne.... I need something to lighten acne scars.... I don't use lemon anymore because i have sensitive skin.... I need something effective and natural...
    Any ideas?

*Naturalistic Beauty*
    I have super sensitive skin.... It does get aggregated quickly.... Gosh Its hard to pleasure my skin .... It need to get real and be like most skin.... Simple!!! I might have
    to have a talk with my skin to see what's up lol....

*Naturalistic Beauty*
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Posts: 1,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried African black soap? Although I'm not sure if that's good for sensitive skin...
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
    I tried it and its extremely drying.... I use organics lemon Shea butter soap.... It is good and has a fresh sent... I want something to lighten up my dark spots....

*Naturalistic Beauty*
    i have sensitive skin as well, im really pale and have acne, cause im so pale my acne scars are really bad. But since ive been using argan oil its helped me soooo amazingly! i use it after i finish washing my face just before i go to bed and when i wake up. its perfect for sensitive skin. during that time of month i seem to break out a few days before, i mix the argan oil with tea tree or peppermint or rosemary and use that all over, it really helps before they scar.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    Fmasuhr wrote: »
    i have sensitive skin as well, im really pale and have acne, cause im so pale my acne scars are really bad. But since ive been using argan oil its helped me soooo amazingly! i use it after i finish washing my face just before i go to bed and when i wake up. its perfect for sensitive skin. during that time of month i seem to break out a few days before, i mix the argan oil with tea tree or peppermint or rosemary and use that all over, it really helps before they scar.

Oh wow i will look into that thanks :-)

*Naturalistic Beauty*
    good idea too, also evening primrose oil is great for dark rings under the eye. i use that evenings and argan mornings. :)

Thanks.... Do you do facials... If so what do u use....

*Naturalistic Beauty*
    yea i do i try to do it once a week. i cleanse, with what ever i have, lately ive been using goats milk soap which is really gentle great for sensitive skin. then i Exfoliate, i use like a mini microderbanbration, (how ever you spell it!) so my skins really really clean. then i mix koalin clay and same other peeling together, (mum gave it to me, its same almonds thing) then i mixed it with what ever oil i feel like using, evening primrose or argan or somthing like that, till its a paste and put it on for 15 minutes till its set then wash it off. and splash with cold water to close everzthing again.

Fmasuhr wrote: »
    yea i do i try to do it once a week. i cleanse, with what ever i have, lately ive been using goats milk soap which is really gentle great for sensitive skin. then i Exfoliate, i use like a mini microderbanbration, (how ever you spell it!) so my skins really really clean. then i mix koalin clay and same other peeling together, (mum gave it to me, its same almonds thing) then i mixed it with what ever oil i feel like using, evening primrose or argan or somthing like that, till its a paste and put it on for 15 minutes till its set then wash it off. and splash with cold water to close everzthing again.

I don't really have a problem with acne its just the left over scars....its not so bad but I would love for it to disappear as much as possible ..

I cleanse with my face with lemon Shea butter soap everyday so far its been great....

Some real affective inexpensive acne treatments are (also good for sensitive skin because my skin is supper sensitive):

~Oatmeal and honey
    ~Aspirin and honey
    ~Avocado Mask
    ~Banana with Tomatoes juice Mask
    ~Cucumber for the eyes with pure dark chocolate as a facial
    ~Bentonite Clay, coconut vinegar, n honey mask
    ~Castor oil mixed with honey mask
    ~Coconut oil mixed with olive oil

(this goes for mostly oil based facials: steam first so your pores are open then rub it in a circular motion leave for additional 5-10 minutes...rinse off with warm water then splash cold water after)

Leave mask for at least 15 minutes... Steam face to get a deeper cleanse.... I leave mines for 20-30 minutes depending on which one.... The more moisturizing the mask is i leave it on longer but not passing my 30 minute limit....

*Naturalistic Beauty*
    woow same great ideas there! I have done pure dark choccy, honey, bit of oil and coffee before as well, n that is amazing!! depends how my skin is if i use the coffee or not. i might try the oatmeal and honey next.... thanx for that :)
    I think you should invest in same really nice oil to help with the scars.... as i said, the argan has REALLY helped me, i was a mess before i started using it.... now i hardly have any :)

Thanks.... Ima go look up that oil n c where can i buy it..... I'm hoping not online i prefer to get it in a near by store....

Where do you get yours from....

*Naturalistic Beauty*
  • LindseyLoo003LindseyLoo003 Posts: 120Registered Users
    I think soap is kind of irritating for my sensitive skin and ive read other things on acne.org about how you should never put soap on acne prone skin. i use a face wash that's soap free for sensitive skin and its called cetaphil gentle cleanser. It doesnt suds or dry out my face at all. thats a big deal for me because i get dried out by sooo many facial cleansers. Lemon is the only way i know how to get rid of those post marks. It dries my face up and stings but it works and moisturizer with a few drops of jojoba oil puts my face back to normal.

So some things to consider might be a gentle cleanser (cetaphil is the best for me)
    Jojoba oil, and olay sensitive skin moisturizer spf 15. A great site for info on acne is acne.org and you can steam your face by boiling some water and then hang your face over the pot and put o towel over your head so the steeam traps and rises up to your face.

Ive never done this but i know this is how alot of people steam there face at home.
    Thanks.... Ima go look up that oil n c where can i buy it..... I'm hoping not online i prefer to get it in a near by store....

Where do you get yours from....

*Naturalistic Beauty*

well im in germany so i get mine from a chemist.... .its the only place ive found that sells it here n in Australia..... sorry not much help there lol i prefere as well to get things from a store rather then from on line

:-(
    yea okay but i will see if my vitamin shoppe sells that oil..... If not i will look online.....
    *Naturalistic Beauty*
    it took me ages to find it as well, but its soooo worth it. it is quiet expensive, but ooh so worth it alright. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file