Not sure what to do!

curlyygirllcurlyygirll Posts: 11Registered Users
What kind of hair do you think I have? THe top layer of my hair does not hold in moisture AT ALL do it always drys out to fast do do anything with right after I get out of the shower. Any tips?

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Curl Connoisseur Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If your hair dries that quickly, it sounds like it has high porosity. You might be able to find some great info in the High Porosity forum.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • kathymackkathymack Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hair canopy is usually a little different from the rest because it's most exposed to the elements. Hair that doesn't hold moisture is considered to be porous. Here's a website that will help you to determine your hair properties: Live Curly Live Free - Home

After you determine your hair properties, you can look for folks with hair like yours and see what they use (in signatures.) It's the best place to start. Porous and/or fine hair usually likes protein.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • craving_curlscraving_curls Posts: 44Registered Users
    I have super porous hair - it hates protein, but loves as much conditioner as I give it. Try the high porosity forum - there's a ton of great suggestions. Basically, I leave a bit of daily conditioner in from the shower, add a leave in and deep condition once a week (overnight). It's still dry but getting better with a lot more curl definition... :)
    CG since 3/2012, Medium Density, Low Elasticity, Porosity (?)
    3a/m/ii

Products loving my hair:
    Co-Wash/LI/RO: DC One Condition
    Gel: KCCC, BC Curl Enhancing Cream, DC AnGel

Moisture loving, oil and protein hating (though it tolerates some in products).
  • craving_curlscraving_curls Posts: 44Registered Users
    maybe I should say it hates protein treatments - it does just fine with the protein in the products...
    CG since 3/2012, Medium Density, Low Elasticity, Porosity (?)
    3a/m/ii

Products loving my hair:
    Co-Wash/LI/RO: DC One Condition
    Gel: KCCC, BC Curl Enhancing Cream, DC AnGel

Moisture loving, oil and protein hating (though it tolerates some in products).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file