Yes I'm still new :-)

NaturalisticMeNaturalisticMe Posts: 117Registered Users
Hey everyone.. I am new to this forum and I am hoping this here is the one for me.... I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and learning more about growing natural hair to its longest point... My long term goal is achieving waist length hair.... As of right now I'm 1 yr n 3 months natural... Here is my BC picture n current length....

Comments

• AsLckyGrlAsLckyGrl Posts: 188Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome. It looks like you may have a few tips of your own to share with us; you've come a long way with your length as of yet.
    3B ; BSL; Low Porosity; Med Texture; CG since July '10.
    Clean: Ever Sleek
    Treat: EVCO, Neutrogena 3xMoisture
    Tools: Boar Brush, wide tooth comb
    Styler: Garnier Sleek&Shine
  • NaturalisticMeNaturalisticMe Posts: 117Registered Users
    Thanks.... I do know some things but I don't know everything..... I'm hoping to learn new stuff.... N i would love a good place i can come and chat about everything especially about hair growth.....

*Naturalistic Beauty*
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    We're so glad you've joined us! Your hair is getting so long already!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Thanks... I really appreciate it.... My true goal is waist length hair then I'll be satisfied...

*Naturalistic Beauty*
  • happy2benappy28happy2benappy28 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Hey ladies im also pretty new to this site ..so far the few things i have read have been very helpful...no pics to sho yet but i have been natural for about four years but im new to learning to care for it....anyhoo im excited to be here and wish you all luck on your natural journey :)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using CurlTalk App
    Hey ladies im also pretty new to this site ..so far the few things i have read have been very helpful...no pics to sho yet but i have been natural for about four years but im new to learning to care for it....anyhoo im excited to be here and wish you all luck on your natural journey :)

Hey... Im also new to this site...so welcome i guess since i am less new than u lol... It's been okay so far.... Hopefully we can learn from each other and grow healthy LONG hair :-)

*Naturalistic Beauty*
  • happy2benappy28happy2benappy28 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Lol yes growing healthy long hair is just what im trying to do....so whats your hair regimen?...and do you know your hair type?

Lol yes growing healthy long hair is just what im trying to do....so whats your hair regimen?...and do you know your hair type?

Girl u about to make me write a book but let me not overwhelm u....

Wash Related
    ~I don't shampoo I clarify weekly with my bentonite mixture I whip up however i cowash my hair on a regular basis so there is no excessive buildup
    ~Deep condition weekly if I'm not wearing braids as a protective style

Bentonite Clay Mix
    Of course bentonite clay lol
    Coconut Vinegar
    Garlic juice
    Onion juice
    Organic honey
    Coconut milk

I don't add any oils because at this point I'm clarifying my hair....

Protein mix (i don't do hard core protein so my hair is not overwhelmed)
    Greek yogurt
    Banana
    Honey
    Eggs (sometimes)

Deep Oil Treatments
    I use olive oil n coconut oil all over my hair

Moisturizing
    ~ I oil my scalp with my hair potion i put together and as for my hair i use a spray bottle mixed with some of my hair potion

Hair Potion Ingredients (the ones i can remember as of right now)
    Coconut oil
    Castor oil
    Hemp oil
    Lemon grass
    Vitamin E
    Rosemary oil
    Grapeseed oil
    Shea butter
    Burdock oil
    Olive oil
    Weat germ oil
    Almond oil
    Tea tree oil

I can't remember the rest but i know i got a few more in there.... I don't use a lot at once.... Some days i just apply castor oil and coconut oil ....

Right now I'm trying to wear braids for the rest of this year using the crown n glory method....

I will begin to measure my hair length and keep track to see a more accurate number instead of using pictures because i do trim..... Aftet the take down of my braids on late April ....

What's your hair regime....

*Naturalistic Beauty*
  • GroYoFroGroYoFro Posts: 237Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Big chop, you rock!! Trying to convince my friend in doing that too, but shes being a hard head -_-
    "Life is too short to keep your hair short"

Click here to visit - GRO YO FRO!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file