Suggestions for root volumizing product?

Mrenee77Mrenee77 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello all!

I've been reading here for a while, and have learned so much from all of you, so ~ thank you!! :love2:

I've been working with my waves and doing the cg thing for about a year now, and I'm really happy with the results. I have less frizz and much better wave/curl pattern. One thing I'm trying to work with now is thinning hair, mostly due to hormonal changes. It's not too severe, but I think some sort of root spray would be a good thing. There is a patch on the top of my head in the back that looks thin, especially with the curl pattern in that spot, and also a bit of thinning in the front. Does anyone have any experience with or suggestions for a non-drying, cone-free root volumizing/thickening product?

Right now, I'm cowashing with Suave Naturals Coconut, and conditioning with TreSemme Naturals Aloe Vera and Avocado. I use RenPure Organix Moisturizing shampoo once a week or so. I style with either CJ CIAB or AG:Recoil and then GF Pure Clean gel.

Thank you for any and all help you may have for me!

Comments

• crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mrenee77 wrote: »
    Hello all!

I've been reading here for a while, and have learned so much from all of you, so ~ thank you!! :love2:

I've been working with my waves and doing the cg thing for about a year now, and I'm really happy with the results. I have less frizz and much better wave/curl pattern. One thing I'm trying to work with now is thinning hair, mostly due to hormonal changes. It's not too severe, but I think some sort of root spray would be a good thing. There is a patch on the top of my head in the back that looks thin, especially with the curl pattern in that spot, and also a bit of thinning in the front. Does anyone have any experience with or suggestions for a non-drying, cone-free root volumizing/thickening product?

Right now, I'm cowashing with Suave Naturals Coconut, and conditioning with TreSemme Naturals Aloe Vera and Avocado. I use RenPure Organix Moisturizing shampoo once a week or so. I style with either CJ CIAB or AG:Recoil and then GF Pure Clean gel.

Thank you for any and all help you may have for me!

I don't know if this will help you, but I get root lift after an ACV rinse.
  • Mrenee77Mrenee77 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Crwritt ~ Thank you! I will try it out. :)
  • savannahmsavannahm Posts: 38Registered Users
    Me too! But I thought you can't use ACV regularly or am I wrong?

Sav
  • Mimee03Mimee03 Posts: 190Registered Users
    Wish I had an answer because volume and especially root volume is my biggest issue! The first few inches of my hair are straight so they lie super flat! :(
  • curvesncurlscurvesncurls Posts: 154Registered Users
    No magic product suggestions, but I always pixiecurl upside down which helps with volume. After I do my rounds of pixiecurling I stay upside down and use the fingers of my diffuser to massage small circles all around my scalp. Not only does it feel wonderful but it amps my roots up big time. Only problem is that it gives me halo frizz, but when I use CIAB as a finishing product after the volume has "dried in" a bit I'm left with voluminous, bouncy, frizz free curls :D
    Southern WI curly ~ mostly 2b/c with 2a/b underlayer and a few 3a curls on top
    Low porosity, fine hair but LOTS of it!
    Loves protein. Dislikes butters and heavy oils.
    Working toward natural products and streamlining!!
    Current Loves: JCCC, Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner, AG Recoil, CK Coil Jam

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file