Question about styling 3c hair

luvscurlzluvscurlz Registered Users Posts: 109
I have always had issues with styling the front of my hair when curly. If I don't bobby pin it back behind my ears the front part falls all over my face. I see lots of people with curly hair who have styles where it falls down the sides of their face or flows back, but mine flows forward into my face. I'm not sure if it's just 'my' particular hair and hairline or something in the way I'm styling it.

I don't like the look of tucking it behind my ears I think that's a little weird on big curly hair and I don't like headbands either. I want a hairstyle that doesn't including having to pin it back but I simply can't have it all in my face. I'd like a side part with the hair flowing away from my face if possible. It's 3c and a little past the shoulders when curly now and cut in a very layered bob. Any tips?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.lenasblend.com

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    When it is wet comb/brush it toward the back and if you have to, secure it with duckbill clips before it dries. The front section of my hair she's the same thing, but if I direct it out of my face while it is wet, when it dries it doesn't flop in my face.

Blame it on the cell phone...
  • luvscurlzluvscurlz Registered Users Posts: 109
    Thanks for responding Subbrock. I've tried brushing or directing the hair back and it all falls right back in my face the minute I move. I'm usually short on time so I leave the house with wet hair and can't leave duckbills in my hair. It's really frustrating, my hair will literally cover my entire face if I don't bobby pin it back.

I'm wondering if my hair just grows forward or if I'm missing something that everyone else is doing :-/.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.lenasblend.com
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    lenasblend wrote: »
    Thanks for responding Subbrock. I've tried brushing or directing the hair back and it all falls right back in my face the minute I move. I'm usually short on time so I leave the house with wet hair and can't leave duckbills in my hair. It's really frustrating, my hair will literally cover my entire face if I don't bobby pin it back.

I'm wondering if my hair just grows forward or if I'm missing something that everyone else is doing :-/.

Could you maybe lightly diffuse the front of your hair while it is back before you leave?
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Registered Users Posts: 3,861 Curl Neophyte
    If you mean your hair falls like in your avi picture, have you tried ponytailing it towards the back overnight and then releasing it in the AM? Otherwise that may just be how your hair is.. I know my hair (with length at the front) will also fall in my face.. I will wear it either pinned back, wear buns, or if it's all out, just let it do what it do.

The way your avi looks it's not a bad look.. but I can see how having hair in your face can be annoying.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • luvscurlzluvscurlz Registered Users Posts: 109
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    If you mean your hair falls like in your avi picture, have you tried ponytailing it towards the back overnight and then releasing it in the AM? Otherwise that may just be how your hair is.. I know my hair (with length at the front) will also fall in my face.. I will wear it either pinned back, wear buns, or if it's all out, just let it do what it do.

The way your avi looks it's not a bad look.. but I can see how having hair in your face can be annoying.

Thanks but the hair in my avi is slightly pinned back believe or not and positioned for the photo it unfortunately doesn't stay put. Plus it's twice as long now so it's more of a problem.

@ the Foxycleo I can't do the 2nd day hair thing my hair is a mess in the morning no matter what I do and I have tried diffusing it into position and it hasn't stayed but your post gave me an idea. I'm going to experiment with 'pinning' it back and diffusing it dry then taking the pins out. Maybe that will help it flow more away from my face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.lenasblend.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file