I'm Done...

Okay so I'm tired of the frizz, the poofy-ness, the un-defined curls. I'm tired of having a bad hair day pretty much every day. I'm tired of not being able to control my hair. I'm tired of not getting to leave my hair down when ever I want to. I'm tired of wearing my hair in a bun everyday. I'm tired of feeling self conscience about my hair and thinking what if people make fun of me. I want to have a love relationship with my hair not a hate. I want people to like my hair when it's curly and not just when it's straight. So I guess this is it I'm done, I'm going curly girl. I've said that so many times but end up going back to my old ways, but this time I really mean it. No more shampoo, sulfates, and silicones. And i guess if there is anyone else out there who is thinking about doing this too, if they would like to go CG with me so we could support each other and help each other out through this and make sure we don't give in back to our old ways. And one last thing I guess i'll post some pictures of my hair down below because i'm not entirely sure what my hair type is thanks :)

me & my curls
3C
Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture

Leave in: ^^ or Vo5 kiwi lime
Styling: LA Looks Sport Styling Gel

Comments

• rangersfanrangersfan Registered Users Posts: 40
    I am right there with you. I have been doing the CG for a while but I have felt the same way you do all my life. I am also a mother of 3 curlies that deal with it too. They are still very young but they deal with the same feelings I did as a child although they are much curlier that I ever was or am. I am trying to use the things I have learned on this site to help them as well so they don't end up hating their hair like I did as a child. Good Luck!
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Registered Users Posts: 478
    Okay so I'm tired of the frizz, the poofy-ness, the un-defined curls. I'm tired of having a bad hair day pretty much every day. I'm tired of not being able to control my hair. I'm tired of not getting to leave my hair down when ever I want to. I'm tired of wearing my hair in a bun everyday. I'm tired of feeling self conscience about my hair and thinking what if people make fun of me. I want to have a love relationship with my hair not a hate. I want people to like my hair when it's curly and not just when it's straight. So I guess this is it I'm done, I'm going curly girl. I've said that so many times but end up going back to my old ways, but this time I really mean it. No more shampoo, sulfates, and silicones. And i guess if there is anyone else out there who is thinking about doing this too, if they would like to go CG with me so we could support each other and help each other out through this and make sure we don't give in back to our old ways. And one last thing I guess i'll post some pictures of my hair down below because i'm not entirely sure what my hair type is thanks :)

me & my curls

:love10: First of all, you have a gorgeous mane of hair! Just to offer some encouragement, I have been CG for nearly 14 months now and I've never looked back. Some curlies notice a difference straight away, for others there is a 'transition' period where your hair may act up for a while, which is what happened to me, but once it got used to not having the silicones suffocating them, my curls have never looked or felt better.

Good luck on your CG journey!:wink:
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file