Clumping Curls??

calicourtcalicourt Posts: 36Registered Users
What is the best method to clump curls? I usually use my denman brush and love the results but want another technique.

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Finger curling..
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • Leigh'07Leigh'07 Posts: 183Registered Users
    I use my denman too. That's the best way to get clumps to me. Finger smoothing is good too. basically take small sections and smooth them between your fingers and you can twirl them around if you want. For some people, moisturizing conditioners, certain stylers, bentonite clay, acv rinses, etc give them better clumping. I have no luck with them though. I have to use my denman or finger smooth to get clumps
    hair properties: low porosity, coarse, dense and predominantly 3b I guess

current products:
    conditioner - suave professionals
    leave in - suave naturals
    stylers - shea moisture smoothie and xtreme gel
    Also finger detangling in the shower only.. no comb or brush. I got some nice clumpy curls by cutting out the hair tools and just using my fingers.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • Leigh'07Leigh'07 Posts: 183Registered Users
    Lucky bekkapoo. if I don't use any tool my hair is usually stringy. it's awful.

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App
    hair properties: low porosity, coarse, dense and predominantly 3b I guess

current products:
    conditioner - suave professionals
    leave in - suave naturals
    stylers - shea moisture smoothie and xtreme gel
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i agree with the in shower finger combing i always do that n seem to get the best results

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
    Leigh'07 wrote: »
    Lucky bekkapoo. if I don't use any tool my hair is usually stringy. it's awful.

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App

I get the opposite.. if I comb my hair while it's wet it dries stringier at the roots and looser in the tips. If I want my hair tighter and clumpier I skip the comb/brush that day and finger detangle instead.
    *bump*

To the posters who asked about clumping.. we have just been discussing this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file