CurlTalk

Fine thin hair...what you use?!

*M!x*Ch!ck**M!x*Ch!ck* Posts: 154Registered Users
Heyy ladyss

I have fine thin hair
And I did the water test the other day and my hair didnt go under and 2mins had past idk if that means its normal ??

But anyways
I was told I should get a conditioner for fine thin hair so my curls would pop more.

So for my fine thin curly ladys
Wat you guys use I think I picked up wrong conditioner I haven't used it

Help lol

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    I'm only really particular about my co-wash conditioners. I will only use conditioners that are labeled volumizing or clarifying to co-wash. I'm currently rotating between Suave Clarifying, VO5 Naturals Clarifying, and Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume.

For my rinse out, I typically will use a protein rich conditioner mixed with a more moisturizing conditioner. My current favorite combo is ION Effective Care mixed with CJ Argan and Olive Oil. Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture also works well mixed with Effective Care. I find the protein keeps my curls bouncy and the moisturizing conditioner adds lots of slip.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Posts: 350Registered Users
    I like Aubrey Organics and Kinky Curly Knot Today.
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • Touch.of.inkTouch.of.ink Posts: 297Registered Users
    I have very fine hair, and it's thin, too. It's damaged, so it's porous because of that, but would be normally porous, I think, if it weren't damaged. My hair *loves* humidity, and hates dryness, so of course I live in the middle of a desert. (sigh)

I haven't found a good conditioner yet. I feel like Goldilocks. This one is too heavy, that one doesn't have enough slip, etc.

I want one that gives me plenty of moisture, w/o over conditioning my hair. Light enough not to weigh it down. Enough slip to detangle. Oh, and cone free.

I'm still looking. If I find anything, I'll be sure to share! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
    Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
    Monthly: Henna
    As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
    HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
    Last perm: 12/10/10
    CG since: 3/9/12
    Last haircut: 4/17/12
    Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
  • Touch.of.inkTouch.of.ink Posts: 297Registered Users
    Fine as frog hair

I love that line! That could describe my hair to a T! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
    Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
    Monthly: Henna
    As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
    HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
    Last perm: 12/10/10
    CG since: 3/9/12
    Last haircut: 4/17/12
    Gossamer Fringe (my blog)