Who uses leave-in conditioners?

rubyloxxrubyloxx Posts: 89Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Just curious what you guys think about leave-in conditioners. I love Biolages spray leave-in... And it seems to make my hair curlier and more nourished. Anyway, just checkin! What do you guys use?
3 b/c curls with bangs.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• kumariCurlskumariCurls Posts: 1Registered Users
    I use Infusium 23 moisturizing leave-in. Sometimes I'll use the V05 leave-in b/c it has no 'cones!
    Can't live w/o: Garnier Fructis curl shaping gel and mousse! (and my diffuser!)
    Also loving: TIGI Curls Rock!!!
    3b and lovin' it!
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Leave-in conditioner is an absolute necessity for my hair!

I use Aura elixir mixed with a bit of coconut oil. This leaves my curls defined and soft.
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • curls&swirlscurls&swirls Posts: 70Registered Users
    And will use one again as soon as my hair gets long enough. It helps with the curl formation for me.
    Don't keep up with the Joneses....drag them down to your level--Quentin Crisp
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think I'll have to try one again. The one I used L'Oreal Elvive leave-in is no longer sold anywhere, though I did use it years ago. It was pretty good too.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I use leave in conditioners to detangle so in a round about way it does help curls because they are not tangling up on each other. My keeper leave-in is Redken Sun Milk. I'm down to my last sample so I'm going to have to start purchasing :cry:

For leave ins to moisturize, I just use a bit of my regular conditioner.
  • amerasiancurlsamerasiancurls Posts: 168Registered Users
    i don't think i could live w/out leave-ins....particularly Infusium 23. i know some whose hair doesn't like it, but my hair LOVES it. i also love PM The Cream (real stuff or generic from Sally's) both work incredibly well for my hair :)
  • beachhair11beachhair11 Posts: 9Registered Users
    I love Beyond the Zone Leave In!!!!
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    Leave ins make my hair go limp,and are just a step I dont need.
  • Lori JLori J Posts: 52Registered Users
    I use PM The Conditioner, but I also love MOP leave-in.
  • mitabirdmitabird Posts: 226Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I also use PM the Conditioner. I like it as long as I don't use too much or it will weigh my hair down.
    Western Pennsylvania

3b, medium textured, medium thickness, medium porosity, protein sensitive
    CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
    Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
    Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
    pw: manycurls
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I like generic PM The Cream a lot. Recently I've been using PM Instant Moisture Conditioner as a leave-in, someone recommended that. It works quite well.
  • jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
    I use leave in conditioners to detangle so in a round about way it does help curls because they are not tangling up on each other. My keeper leave-in is Redken Sun Milk. I'm down to my last sample so I'm going to have to start purchasing :cry:

For leave ins to moisturize, I just use a bit of my regular conditioner.

Webby, can you give more info regarding the Sun Milk Leave-in. I'm currently using B&B and although I do like it, the LA sun is VERY strong, so I would like a leave-in that MOISTURIZES, CONDITIONS and protects against SUN damage. How would u rate this?

TIA!
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
    PW: flower
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    I have only tried a couple and did not like them (Bumble & Bumble, Paul Mitchell). They seem to leave my hair dull. (I would not mind something weighing my hair down, though, as it's very thick & coarse.)
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I put no because I used to use leave-ins, but now leave in regular Dove moisturizing condish. On a normal, dry Tucson day, I use almost no gel and my hair curls nicely, soft, shiny, no frizz.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
    http://www.redken.com/consumer/products/index.cfm?action=showProduct&bt=1&b=264&p=524&subaction=ing

I've tried about 15 leave in conditioners over the past few months (give or take a few) and this is by far the best one I've used. I have found that some leave in are very protien intensive and if overused, will tangle and dry my hair. Others only show the benefits after prologed use. This one works immediately on day 1 and has been consistent in performance throughout the whole bottle. I only use about 3-5 pumps. it retails for about $12 - $13 per bottle. My hair feels softer which I guess could be attributed to the moisturizing properties. Their Sun Shape Rehydrator after-sun hair balm is also nice. You're supposed to rinse out but I've used it as a leave in. Performance-wise, the Rehydrator is good but not OhMyGawd good. Renee Furterer and PhytoSpecific's leave in conditioner is good as well, but considering it's sold at Nordstroms, I dont think you get as good as a bang-for the buck as the Redken.
  • AmsterdamAmsterdam Posts: 3Registered Users
    I use PM The Conditioner everyday. Just a little is enough, I feel that it keeps frizzies away and loosens my curls a little.
    3b/c, corkscrew? Thick (as in: a lot), dark brown, medium texture, around shoulder length.

In the meantine... I've had the haircut of my life at Toni & Guy and feel much better about my hair than when the pics were taken. :)
    http://www.redken.com/consumer/products/index.cfm?action=showProduct&bt=1&b=264&p=524&subaction=ing

I've tried about 15 leave in conditioners over the past few months (give or take a few) and this is by far the best one I've used. I have found that some leave in are very protien intensive and if overused, will tangle and dry my hair. Others only show the benefits after prologed use. This one works immediately on day 1 and has been consistent in performance throughout the whole bottle. I only use about 3-5 pumps. it retails for about $12 - $13 per bottle. My hair feels softer which I guess could be attributed to the moisturizing properties. Their Sun Shape Rehydrator after-sun hair balm is also nice. You're supposed to rinse out but I've used it as a leave in. Performance-wise, the Rehydrator is good but not OhMyGawd good. Renee Furterer and PhytoSpecific's leave in conditioner is good as well, but considering it's sold at Nordstroms, I dont think you get as good as a bang-for the buck as the Redken.

Thanks Webby! :D Ummm, which Renee Furterer leave-in are you using? Have you tried their deep conditioner for coarse, thick hair yet? I was thinking about purchasing it. From what I've read, I heard it's very moisturizing.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

I used/using the carthame no rinse protective creme. I got a bunch of samples when I purchased the deep conditioner. I like the PhytoSpecific leave in better but not by much.

Not to guano this thread, but if your looking to spend $$$$, the Renee deep conditioner is good and is on par with PhytoKarite and the new PhytoSpecific (from Phtyo) and Deep Brilliance (Farouk) lines. Both are better than Fekkai.
  • duckyducky Posts: 927Registered Users
    I've been using the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner as a leave-in, and now (in addition to the Kenra) I also use Redken Anit-Snap (which is actually a leave-in, it's a protein complex that is supposed to strengthen and protect hair)
  • SandraWSSandraWS Posts: 1Registered Users
    I've been using Bumble & bumble for over a year now and love it! It's just the right weight for my fine, color-treated (but healthy) hair. It's great for me since it isn't a protein conditioner (protein conditioners always seem to make my hair dried up and frizzy looking!).
    3a/b (3aNii), little past shoulder length, hair strands are fairly fine, but lots of them! Has been color treated.
    Not to guano this thread, but if your looking to spend $$$$, the Renee deep conditioner is good and is on par with PhytoKarite and the new PhytoSpecific (from Phtyo) and Deep Brilliance (Farouk) lines. Both are better than Fekkai.

I'm looking for a really good MOISTURIZING conditioner right now. I currently have a deep conditioner from Aveda and Curlisto, but they're mostly protein. I want something that is just MOISTURIZING, because there is hardly any moisture in the air in LA. When I was in NYC, KIE was a staple, but I don't think it will do the same job here. I'm also going to purchase a facial steamer, but will be using it more as a "hair steamer" for deep conditioning my hair.

Which of the above conditioners do you find MOISTURIZES the best?
    Jada1111

jada1111 wrote:

I'm looking for a really good MOISTURIZING conditioner right now. I currently have a deep conditioner from Aveda and Curlisto, but they're mostly protein. I want something that is just MOISTURIZING, because there is hardly any moisture in the air in LA. When I was in NYC, KIE was a staple, but I don't think it will do the same job here. I'm also going to purchase a facial steamer, but will be using it more as a "hair steamer" for deep conditioning my hair.

I keep saying it-the Dove extra moisturizing conditioner works great for me, no 'cones, no proteins (I don't think anyway) and my hair pretty much doesn't need gel anymore on a normal day.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

NetG wrote:
    jada1111 wrote:

I keep saying it-the Dove extra moisturizing conditioner works great for me, no 'cones, no proteins (I don't think anyway) and my hair pretty much doesn't need gel anymore on a normal day.

I always forget to pick this up when I go to the store (we need a doh! slap on the forehead smiley here). Best every day conditioners - elucence, & [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]jessicurl too shea[/buylink]. You can also see my pics for best hair products on the product review board.
    NetG wrote:
    jada1111 wrote:

NetG, I remember buying this awhile back, but I didn't care for the smell - it was too perfumey. As far as drug store conditioners go, I like Suave Humectant better. Right now, I'm looking for a once or twice a week DEEP moisturizing conditioner.
    Jada1111

• SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    L'Oreal Nature's Therapy, from Sally's? No proteins, and the only cone is soluble.
    jada1111 wrote:

NetG, I remember buying this awhile back, but I didn't care for the smell - it was too perfumey. As far as drug store conditioners go, I like Suave Humectant better. Right now, I'm looking for a once or twice a week DEEP moisturizing conditioner.

Funny, for me it's not perfumey at all. Perfumes give me asthma attacks, and it doesn't bother me.

Different perceptions, I guess! The easy solution would be sneak a whiff while at the store if anyone else is thinking about buying it!
    -Speckla

• nutellanutella Posts: 5Registered Users
    Leave-in's are essential for my so-called 4A hair. I've been devoted to
    B&B leave in for months, but recently got the sample size of Sebastian Potion 9, which is lighter. I really like it. I also like ABBA Nourishing, when I do my conditioner-wash at night instead of in the morning.
    "I keep smilin' when I come through...And I cry when I need to."
    ~Jill Scott
  • AthenaAthena Posts: 36Registered Users
    I like leave-ins to help keep tangles at bay and to help cut frizz, but I agree that a bit too much and it weighs down my hair too much. Currently, I'm using L'anza Rebalance leave-in, but I also like Biolage Leave-in tonic, Sebastian Potion#9, and Abba Nourishing.
    "A great deal of talent is lost in the world for want of a little courage."
    ~~Sydney Smith
  • Curlygirl323Curlygirl323 Posts: 51Registered Users
    I'm absolutely in love with Yes to Cucumbers leave-in conditioner. I haven't gotten to use it in forever because I purchased the last one at a local Safeway months back and they never restocked. I couldn't find it anywhere nearby after that, in two different towns I've lived in since there. I'm going to take a trip to Target soon to pick some up because I'm tired of not having it. I love it that much. It's super moisturizing too!
    3B/Medium Texture/Normal Porosity
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals or Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture
    Conditioner: GVP Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Leave-In: Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Anti-Frizz: Curl Keeper
    Gel: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel; LA Looks Sport Gel; LA Looks Nutra Curl; IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file