CurlTalk

How often do you condition?

belliawavybelliawavy Posts: 36Registered Users
How often do you condition your hair everyday? How often do i co wash everyday? Please help.
2c
low porosity
medium denisty
coarse

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    I know this probably isn't the answer that that you're looking for, but you will need to base this on how your hair feels. Some people alternate co-washing with water washing, others rotate in a low-poo. There are people who will either cleanse or water wash almost every day. Then there are people don't have to re-wet their hair for several days. CG is not a one size fits all method of caring for your curls. I know it can seem overwhelming at first. I suggest keeping a hair journal to track what you're using and how your hair responds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    Corrina777 wrote: »
    I know this probably isn't the answer that that you're looking for, but you will need to base this on how your hair feels. Some people alternate co-washing with water washing, others rotate in a low-poo. There are people who will either cleanse or water wash almost every day. Then there are people don't have to re-wet their hair for several days. CG is not a one size fits all method of caring for your curls. I know it can seem overwhelming at first. I suggest keeping a hair journal to track what you're using and how your hair responds.

:thumbleft: +1.
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011
  • wirenawirena Posts: 2Registered Users
    I totally agree with Corrina 777 :)
    dobre opakowania tekturowe | kartony do towarów
  • belliawavybelliawavy Posts: 36Registered Users
    Thank you for the advice i will start a journal about how my hair feels. The only thing that gets me is that i walk 4 miles a day in the morning and my hair is frizzy and puffy after. Thanks
    2c
    low porosity
    medium denisty
    coarse
    Would you be cleansing or conditioning your hair before or after the walk?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Posts: 350Registered Users
    Look up the spritz and condish method. That would probably help with the frizz after your walk
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • vikkivmavikkivma Posts: 14Registered Users
    Thanks for this -- I've been really confused about exactly how I'm supposed to be approaching this. Co-washing vs. the baking soda/vinegar method, etc.

Weirdly, I noticed that when I water-washed, for some reason my hair got really weighed-down and went almost straight.

What I'm trying right now is putting a 2nd day "curl refresher" in a misting bottle with a hefty amount of water and then spritzing my hair lightly before I go to bed, followed by a curl activator. I tried that last night and it worked great -- probably the best my hair has looked in the week and a half I've been trying this.
    vikkivma wrote: »
    Thanks for this -- I've been really confused about exactly how I'm supposed to be approaching this. Co-washing vs. the baking soda/vinegar method, etc.

Weirdly, I noticed that when I water-washed, for some reason my hair got really weighed-down and went almost straight.

What I'm trying right now is putting a 2nd day "curl refresher" in a misting bottle with a hefty amount of water and then spritzing my hair lightly before I go to bed, followed by a curl activator. I tried that last night and it worked great -- probably the best my hair has looked in the week and a half I've been trying this.

It's all very personalized. I wasn't thrilled with baking soda and ACV so I don't bother with it. I normally use cleansing conditioners instead of regular conditioners to co-wash and I cleanse almost every day because I do 1-2+ hours of martial arts almost daily. That's why the hair journal is so helpful- there's going to be trial and error involved in finding your perfect routine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
  • belliawavybelliawavy Posts: 36Registered Users
    I would walk first. I conditioned this morning and i blotted with a towel then added FOTE and Lalooks gel. My hair is curly which is good. But i did start the journal. I also noticed that my hair looks good but feels like i have a lot of product in it. I am going to pineapple tonight so i don't have to wet or water wash tomorrow. I'll let you know how it comes out.. Thanks
    2c
    low porosity
    medium denisty
    coarse