CurlTalk

Nubian Heritage Hair Products @ Target

JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
Has anyone seen or tried anything yet? I'm interested in the Indian Hemp stuff. Everything is $11.99 & $14.99.
uploadfromtaptalk1332376145526.jpguploadfromtaptalk1332376172251.jpguploadfromtaptalk1332376263588.jpg

Sent from my EVO 3D using CurlTalk App

Comments

• moosegrl_86moosegrl_86 Posts: 403Registered Users
    New Stuff! :love10: My Target doesn't have these yet. It'll be a while. It took a year and half for shea moisture to show up.
    Whoop whoop! :hello1:
    imager.php?id=1557276 GIFSoup
    Last relaxer: December 20, 2008
    4a/b, medium-fine, normal porosity & elasticity, thick
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    shut yo jivin! I havent seen that at my Target yet.. but I def will be trying, Nubian Heritage and Shea Moisture are sister companies I believe and every NH product ive tried so far ive loved.. gotsta get it
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    Got the leave in and hair butter. I put a little squirt of the leave in my dirty hair....looks promising

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    maaaaaaaaannnn eff y'all I ain't gonna get this until 2034.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    According to their Facebook page this is available at Walgreens too.

I wanted to buy some stuff from the Honey & Black Seed line to test on a blow out but it smelled awful to me. Whatever I use to condition or blow dry my hair with is usually what I'm walking around smelling like so I had to pass. The Indian Hemp & Tamanu smells good. It looks like that portion are stylers and finishers.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    tumblr_m11fjvNuli1r0yfj2.gif

they actually have stuff in walgreens 'round here.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    ^^just rub it in Turtles...rub it in.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    Well.......

Yeahhhhhboi, Im on my smartphone!!!
  • MelodyKewlMelodyKewl Posts: 32Registered Users
    I saw these, but since I had bad results with Shea Moisture I was scared of a repeat.
    I stand out in the crowd of Mediocrity. The only reason why you don't see me is because you weren't meant to.

~BC 4/16/2010~

4a/4b Hair

[www.cosmetically-challenged.com

Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fbeyondthekink%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

Shampoo:Chargin Valley Shampoo Bars
    Conditioner: Various Ayurvedic Conditioner Mixes
    Styler: My very own Shea butter mixtures and Ecco Styler Gel.
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users
    I wish our target shelves were stocked like that. We just got Shea moisture & kinky curly & miss Jessie's last week. Waiting on mixed chicks in may & now Nubian heritage. I hope they come soon.
    :nike:About my hair:
    weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
    daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
    go to style-Pocahontas braids
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    I went to my local Walgreens, 3 blocks away and darn near everything was ghost
  • lisa6lisa6 Posts: 543Registered Users
    My local Walgreens has made space on the shelf for some of the items, not the full line. Looking forward to trying some stuff.

ETA: THey really need to get it together with a functioning webpage that offers basic info about all their different products and what the different lines cater to. Why is that so hard? Don't know if NH has a FB page like SM, but IMO, FB pages should be secondary to a functioning website.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    comic-p.jpg
    4a fine, thin, high porosity
    Poo: SM Y&B, BT TT
    C: HE Reconditioning, Suave Almond and Shea
    DC: CJ CR, CJ RM
    LI: JC DT
    Curl Cream: RN BWCC, CJ CCCC
    Gel: CJ AFG
    Refresher: SM Thickening Mist, SM Y&A Milk, CJ CIAB
    Moisturizer: CJ SL, SM CES
    lisa6 wrote: »
    My local Walgreens has made space on the shelf for some of the items, not the full line. Looking forward to trying some stuff.

ETA: THey really need to get it together with a functioning webpage that offers basic info about all their different products and what the different lines cater to. Why is that so hard? Don't know if NH has a FB page like SM, but IMO, FB pages should be secondary to a functioning website.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Thank you!

No truer words have been said.
    4a/3c curls
    Team Wash and Go!
    SM.com has been down for a while (upgrading their site which takes a lot of time when you want to get it right) but sundial, the parent company site works. Not sure if nubian heritage has an fb page but the folks on the SM page respond quickly to questions & complaints. I told them I couldn't find the SM African black soap wash on the ground at target or walgreens and had to get the Nubian heritage from vitamin shoppe & they stresed they shipped new stock and dr. Oz talking up their black soap products was so successful that they sold out. They are a great company so I'm sure when the new site is launched it will be great. They have a ton of products though from what I saw at vitamin shoppe. I'm just going to shop there instead for body items. As far as hair stuff I will wait for target to stock up.
  • Kinky DayShaKinky DaySha Posts: 528Registered Users
    I'm sooo jealy. Ain't a Target, Walgreens, or BSS within 100 miles of me that sells anything worth anything. Not jessies, curls, kinky curly, none of it. The only SM Walgreens sells is the hibiscus line. Imma need to move......asap.:homework:
    Last perm 8/07, big chop 5/08, several mini chops since
    Fine, medium density, low porosity. PJ in recovery:angel12:
    Current loves:Tressemme Nats, AO GPB, One and Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask, Alba Botanicals Leave-in, KCKT, Qhemet BRBC & OHHB, Terresentials Mud Wash, Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    "Be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I did see some Nubian Heritage stuff at Walgreen's last night in the city but I didn't think to get any. I was only there to stock up on Suave Naturals.

There isn't any Walgreens in the immediate vicinity of where I live, but there are two Targets by me. Both have the Kinky Curly, Curls, etc. Next time I go to one of them, I'll see if they have any NH. I wasn't aware they were a cousin to Shea Moisture and since I like a lot of SM stuff, I'm wondering if I'll like NH too.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    sienna40 wrote: »
    SM.com has been down for a while (upgrading their site which takes a lot of time when you want to get it right) but sundial, the parent company site works. Not sure if nubian heritage has an fb page but the folks on the SM page respond quickly to questions & complaints. I told them I couldn't find the SM African black soap wash on the ground at target or walgreens and had to get the Nubian heritage from vitamin shoppe & they stresed they shipped new stock and dr. Oz talking up their black soap products was so successful that they sold out. They are a great company so I'm sure when the new site is launched it will be great. They have a ton of products though from what I saw at vitamin shoppe. I'm just going to shop there instead for body items. As far as hair stuff I will wait for target to stock up.
    sm.com and nh.com have been down for almost a year. I am down with doing things right the first time but this is a bit much. At the very least, they could update the page with a non-interactive update of what new products are available and a general idea of where to purchase. I don't facebook, and my local Target, Walgreens and Vitamin Shoppe are slow on the uptake with their in-store stock and their website updates with products. I don't blame the stores, I blame NH, who is supposed to be wanting their products to sell.
    4a/3c curls
    Team Wash and Go!
  • soleilmoncursoleilmoncur Posts: 1,194Registered Users
    They do have a page but the OP gave me more info and photos than the creators themselves. I have yet to see full product info and everything I know is from word on the street. This is the first time I'm even getting price info.

Nubian Heritage | Facebook
    3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10
    off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    I've seen them at both Target and Walgreens. Im interested in the Indian Hemp as well. The ingredients look really too. So more than likely I will be purchasing something soon.

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • lisa6lisa6 Posts: 543Registered Users
    They do have a page but the OP gave me more info and photos than the creators themselves. I have yet to see full product info and everything I know is from word on the street. This is the first time I'm even getting price info.

Nubian Heritage | Facebook

^^^See that what gets me. My Walgreens is trying to make room for all these new natural products, but they only have limited space. If it wasn't for the OP's pics, I wouldn't know there was a full array of stuff. The websites of Walgreens and Target aren't going to describe the differences between the products lines and such. I would like to know what they offer before trying stuff for the heck of it. The line I really should be using might have to be purchased online or bought at a store farther away.
    comic-p.jpg
    4a fine, thin, high porosity
    Poo: SM Y&B, BT TT
    C: HE Reconditioning, Suave Almond and Shea
    DC: CJ CR, CJ RM
    LI: JC DT
    Curl Cream: RN BWCC, CJ CCCC
    Gel: CJ AFG
    Refresher: SM Thickening Mist, SM Y&A Milk, CJ CIAB
    Moisturizer: CJ SL, SM CES
    lisa6 wrote: »
    ^^^See that what gets me. My Walgreens is trying to make room for all these new natural products, but they only have limited space. If it wasn't for the OP's pics, I wouldn't know there was a full array of stuff. The websites of Walgreens and Target aren't going to describe the differences between the products lines and such. I would like to know what they offer before trying stuff for the heck of it. The line I really should be using might have to be purchased online or bought at a store farther away.
    Exactly @ the bolded. That is why their website should be functional enough to at least explain this. Even if it's not interactive, they could use it as a way to alert folks about new products, explain the target audience for them and a link to where to buy specific products. And how are people who can't get them on the ground supposed to buy them if not available in one place online?!?

Off my soapbox now.
    4a/3c curls
    Team Wash and Go!
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,747Registered Users
    My target is fully stocked, thank ya!

vIa tHiS rAgEdY aSs pHoNe
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.platinumpj.com" class="Popup
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup
    @PlatinumPJ

^^Um, I thought you were being good until the hair show in April?

Or, were you just rubbing it in lol?
    4a/3c curls
    Team Wash and Go!

No you didn't just put me on blast.....I slid that in nice and smooth lol.

I was headed to the doggy aisle and they fell in my cart, if you must know.

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

@PlatinumPJ

Well, products have "fallen into" my cart more times than I care to remember, so I can understand how surprised and shocked you were when it happened.

Can you sense how bitter I am at the idea that I can't get them yet? I hear that I can put my hands on some of them an hour's drive away, but they are in an area where I cannot trust the store associates to actually confirm what's there before I undertake that trek.
    4a/3c curls
    Team Wash and Go!

Well, products have "fallen into" my cart more times than I care to remember, so I can understand how surprised and shocked you were when it happened.

Can you sense how bitter I am at the idea that I can't get them yet? I hear that I can put my hands on some of them an hour's drive away, but they are in an area where I cannot trust the store associates to actually confirm what's there before I undertake that trek.

That is how I feel about EcoStyler Blue...the "hood" beauty supply probably has it but they don't answer the darn phone and I'm not interested in fighting traffic to get there and they don't have any...I would be pissed.

@PlatinumPJ
  • freshwaterpearlfreshwaterpearl Posts: 305Registered Users
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users
    I purchased the EVOO & Moringa Repair & Extend Hair Butter on a whim. Most of the other products at Walgreens were sold-out.

I almost skipped it since my hair is not a huge fan of shea butter (second ingredient), but this is much more buttery in texture than a lot of other hair butters and it doesn't leave my hair crispy like regular shea. It melts easily and doesn't take a lot of work to "work" it in your hair. It makes a great end sealer and used sparingly, gives you a good healthy shine. I love the scent; I have their Shea Butter infused with Olive OIl & Green Tea Extract I purchased for my skin which has the exact same scent.

I'm sooo jealy. Ain't a Target, Walgreens, or BSS within 100 miles of me that sells anything worth anything. Not jessies, curls, kinky curly, none of it. The only SM Walgreens sells is the hibiscus line. Imma need to move......asap.:homework:

NONE of my area Targets carry anything having to do with natural/curly hair. They the crappy "ethnic" hair section and that's it.
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
    I purchased the EVOO & Moringa Repair & Extend Hair Butter on a whim. Most of the other products at Walgreens were sold-out.

I almost skipped it since my hair is not a huge fan of shea butter (second ingredient), but this is much more buttery in texture than a lot of other hair butters and it doesn't leave my hair crispy like regular shea. It melts easily and doesn't take a lot of work to "work" it in your hair. It makes a great end sealer and used sparingly, gives you a good healthy shine. I love the scent; I have their Shea Butter infused with Olive OIl & Green Tea Extract I purchased for my skin which has the exact same scent.

NONE of my area Targets carry anything having to do with natural/curly hair. They the crappy "ethnic" hair section and that's it.

Look near burts bees & Giovanni stuff before you count target out. They don't know how to stock this stuff where I live. Half the stuff is in the ethnic section & the other half its in the natural section with natures gate.

Also the hair show may be a great time to voice concerns about how Shea moisture & Nubian heritage release & announce products.
  • cheveuxboucléscheveuxbouclés Posts: 1,111Registered Users

That is how I feel about EcoStyler Blue...the "hood" beauty supply probably has it but they don't answer the darn phone and I'm not interested in fighting traffic to get there and they don't have any...I would be pissed.

They generally do. I always see the pink and white ( and sometimes green) at CVS, but I can only find blue in the hood BSS... what CVS and 'em got against the blue is beyond me.